Announcing a new Meetup for The North Side and Evanston Writer's Group!
What: Evanston writing critique meeting
When: Sunday, January 31,[masked]:30 PM
Borders Books Music and Cafe
1700 Maple Ave
Evanston, IL 60201
New people are welcome, but please look over the description below. While meetings at our other location, can change from meeting to meeting, the format for meetings in Evanston, will stay pretty much the same, for the foreseeable future.
At this meeting, writers share a piece of their work, and the people at the meeting share their thoughts.
Please go here to post your work and read work for the meeting:
Guidelines for Everyone:
- Anyone willing to give a thoughtful critique is welcome.
- Members participate, in discussion, on the piece. Some members give written feedback (Ex. on printed out work, by email).
- Please check for stories here . Please read at least some of each piece posted, for this date. If you are not sure what will be critiqued, feel free to email .
- It is good to read a equal proportion of each writer's piece. While it is best to read everything, if you are short on time, please read at least a couple pages of each.
Guidelines for sharing work:
- All genre's and forms are welcome (Ex. chapter of a novel, short story, play, screenplay, poem, article, etc.).
- You may share your work, by posting here (highly recommended), or by bringing work to read aloud.
- It is best to post 2 or more days prior to the meeting.
- If you post a piece online, yet find out you will not be able to attend, please email me, so that I can inform the group, out of courtesy for the group. It is especially great if you can email, about this, at least 2 days in advance.
- please email, if you are changing the date, for which you want you want your piece critiqued, OR you you have decided to NOT have a piece critiqued.
- please email, if you are posting a piece, for revision, which has already been discussed at a meeting. There are special procedures for this.
- When posting files, please indicate the date and location, of the meeting in which you want your piece critiqued.
Note: You may share a work as a link. In this case, please post a file containing the link, so that people will find and read your work.
Here are more details about posting online and other means of sharing your work: http://www.meetup.com/author/messages/boards/thread/7527905
Here is information about reading files, if you are having trouble seeing the work, on your computer: http://www.meetup.com/author/messages/boards/thread/7617055
Feel free to email about any questions or suggestions.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/author/calendar/12370540/