Author U has a new website ... go to www.AuthorU.org
Calling all authors ... is there a book in you?
This is the place to be if you want to learn about writing, creating, strategizing, developing, publishing and selling your book.
If you want to create a book that has pizzazz, punch and panache, this is your place to be.
And, if you want to ...
* publish your book yourself (self - indie) or sell it to NY, you learn how to do it;
* create titles that soar;
* structure your book;
* not get duped by publishers, publishing and others who want your money;
* learn the dollars and sense of the publishing world;
* find an agent;
* pick the right people for your publishing team;
* how to pick the right editor for your project;
* get the media buzzing about you;
* learn printing options;
* discover how to get foreign rights;
* learn what needs permissions and what doesn't'
* not create a mediocre book; and
* so, so much more ...
AuthorU is where you need to be. Meet and schmooze with others who have similar goals ... who want to learn what to do, how to do it, not just talk about it. Each meeting will include a presentation by a publishing pro on the "topic" of the night, plenty of time to network and pick Judith's brain.
Who am I, your fearless leader? I'm Dr. Judith Briles, author of 26 books-18 published with NY houses until I created my own imprint in 2000. I've published in 16 countries and had over a 1,000,000 copies sold. As a past president of the Colorado Independent Publishers Association, the Colorado Authors League and chair of numerous publishing conferences, I know publishing. Known as The Book Shepherd to many, I've consulted with hundreds of publishing clients throughout the United States. It's a pleasure to be your guide and coach.