|Sent on:||Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:07 PM|
This email update is a bit different than what we will typically send out. As discussed at the August Meeting, the PPA is gearing up for a strong finish for this membership year, and has set a few goals prior to the 2014 Annual Meeting in March 2014.
We are looking for help from YOU to achieve these goals, whether that is providing suggestions or taking an active part.
1) Upgrade the Juliet Port-A-Potty: We've decided to petition the County for an upgraded restroom facility on the Juliet Ramp. The current facility offers minimal shelter from the season's temperature swings, and doesn't provide an adequate means of hand sanitation.
--->We'd like to upgrade the unit, and need help in researching and/or presenting an alternative to the County.
2) Hosting the Boy Scouts at KPOU to earn their Aviation Merit Badge: The BSA have a merit badge that we can DIRECTLY support them earning. Hosting this event for local BSA troops is a great opportunity for the PPA to serve our local community, foster interest in Aviation, and support our organizations goal of Education.
--->We need assistance coordinating the event, volunteers for the event, and/or aircraft for display.
3) Form a PPA Membership Committee: The PPA is in a position to take another look at how we serve the pilots of KPOU, and to evaluate possible outreach to pilots at other airports.
--->We need members to join a Committee to discuss and explore this idea, and make recommendations to the entire Membership.
4) Host a Fall Fly-In at KPOU: We are going to host a fly-in in early October for regional pilots to come to KPOU and enjoy a seasonal BBQ at the Yellow Building.
--->We need members to help out at the BBQ for setup and cleanup afterwards...and to represent the PPA to visiting pilots!
5) Establish an Aviation Mentorship Program at KPOU: The PPA is going to establish an Aviation Mentorship program open to ALL pilots of ALL skill levels at KPOU. Mentorship has many benefits to a pilot at any point in their flying life, and we'd like to have a program where a pilot can volunteer to be a Mentor, or ask for a Mentor to help them with their personal Aviation oals- whether that is a buddy to fly with, or preparing for a future job in the Airlines!
--->We need pilots that are interested in establishing and running this program, as well as set basic guidelines for the program.
6) Establish a PPA Scholarship: The scholarship will be handed out to DCC students in an amount sufficient to pay for their checkride, with selection being done by DCC based on criterion set by the PPA.
--->We need pilots to assist with setting the criterion, and/or soliciting donation from local businesses.
7) Annual Holiday Party: The Annual Holiday Party is already in the planning stages!
--->We need pilots to help with organizing and setting up this fun annual event!
These goals all serve the core functions of the PPA, and allow us to serve the broader interest of keeping General Aviation alive and well. At this point, we do not have enough people to ensure these goals can be fulfilled, and are DESPERATELY seeking assistance from YOU- the local PPA Pilot- to help us make KPOU a better place to call the "Home 'Drone." ANY HELP, no matter how small, will be greatly appreciated!
--->Your help can be as simple as providing input via email, or as tangible as setting up for an event or making calls.
If you are interested in learning more about ANY of these goals, or would like to assist in any way, send an email to Andy Zastrow at [address removed], or reply to this post on the PPA Message Board.
Thanks for your help!