The Phoenix Pilot Group Message Board › MOGAS Co-Op

MOGAS Co-Op

Randy
Cardinal
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 3
Many pilots in Arizona operate aircraft with Auto Fuel STC's and which run better on MOGAS than on 100 octane (especially aircraft designed to run on 80 octane) but SJN is the only airport in the state that offers ethanol-free MOGAS.

What is the interest in developing a co-op of owners to buy bulk purchases of ethanol-free auto fuel at airports such as Chandler, Glendale, Falcon, etc. This could be accomplished with a standing fuel farm, or a large fuel truck, and the ethanol-free fuel could be delivered at these airports.

Perhaps if sufficient evidence is proven that MOGAS is viable and the lower price stimulates more flying, other airports and FBOs will look to that and begin to offer MOGAS at their airports.
Capt. M.
FlyBaja
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 121
has to be 94 or 91 min octane if unleaded to work in my O-540 Lyc.

as long as it meets the LYC guidelines for unleaded fuels i am game.
Larry J.
Skycatcher-162
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 1
I too need 91 min octane for my Rotax 912. I'm located at Deer Valley and would definitely be interested.

Randy
Cardinal
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 5
I corresponded with the interim manager at Ak Chin (formerly Phoenix regional) and they seem open to discussing MOGAS, but we need plenty of people contacting him.
Randy
Cardinal
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 6
Ak-Chin (Phoenix Regional) is getting 100LL.