Avid Geo Message Board Avid Geo Discussion Forum › Help out, please... ;)

Help out, please... ;)

Guido S.
guidos
Group Organizer
Somerville, MA
Hey all,

We have two events that need your assistance, our August meetup and Ignite Spatial Boston 4. Our informal meetup with short talks worked well last time and we hope that people are willing to continue them. The Ignite Spatial event is a bit larger and needs a organizing committee to come together, please have a look below and join us if you can help out.

This message is also going to be posted as a post in the discussion part of the meetup pages, so feel free to discuss this there so we can all collaborate clearly on these.

8/16 August Meetup

We need help with the following for the upcoming meetup:

• meeting venue with monitor/projector
  • refreshments for 10-15 people
  • a 5-10 minute geo developer talk
  • a 5-10 minute geo user talk

10/22 Ignite Spatial Boston 4

Thanks to Microsoft NERD for offering us space for our event. We need an organizing committee to help with the following:

• getting the word out about the event
  • soliciting and vetting speakers
  • organizing day of event stuff (name tags, welcome table, setup/teardown etc...)
  • refreshments (getting sponsors, putting in orders, setup)
  • powerpoint standardizing/review of presentations
  • a/v support (we would really love some help with editing some older videos as well as posting new videos)

Thanks for all your support,

Guido Stein
Lead Organizer

AvidGeo
Will W.
user 48232882
Dover, NH
Post #: 1
Guido,
I'm interested in helping with Ignite Spatial Boston 4.
I would be interested in helping anywhere I am needed. You can reach me at either William_V_Ward@fws.gov or WWard1400@gmail.com to see about details and see what areas may already be covered with the organizing committee.

Thanks.