The Portland/Vancouver Axis and Allies Meetup Group Message Board › Captain America Themed Game of Global

Captain America Themed Game of Global

Kyle E.
user 12644962
West Linn, OR
Post #: 46
I have always thought, "The problem with Axis and Allies is that it's not geeky enough." Okay that's a lie but I do have an idea I've been playing around with for global that I'm pretty excited about. What if we made Axis and Allies Global a little more like the game Superpowers and added pieces with special abilities? Every power, maybe even France, would have a special superhero/super villain on the board.

These superheros/super villains would have special abilities tied to their comic book character profile. As an example, if you saw the Captain America movie you would know that Captain America was used for both battle and selling war bonds. So he could either be used to increase IPCs for the US or to fight in a battle. We could figure out the details later.

The soviets would probably get The Winter Soldier (name of the new Captain America movie), who is an assassin and every turn gets to act something like the ninja in Shogun where he gets to roll to kill a unit.

Then there's the Red Skull who probably launches rockets or something like that.

I am not a reader of comic books so if you are and you like this idea please chip in as to what would be good pieces. It might not be only for infantry pieces either as they sometimes have named planes/ships in the comics that could be incorporated. Maybe a super zero jet fighter for Japan or beefed up Battleship for the UK. Otherwise we might need to borrow from other storylines (i.e China gets "IP Man" the guy who trained Bruce Lee and in the movie fights the Japanese).

Let me know what you all think. I could probably host the game at my new place sometime in October or November.
D.K.Maclaren
D.K.Maclaren
Group Organizer
West Linn, OR
Post #: 414
I always liked the revised "national advantages" options and having each country have a Leader and General ala Superpowers would be cool....