|Sent on:||Saturday, March 1, 2014 11:43 AM|
The Power is Within You
Seeing and Being. The Power is Within you.
View this email in your browser
Winter Meditation: Seeing & BeingIn the dark depths of this season, it is easy to succumb to the dreariness that envelops our mind, especially in cities with shorter days and rainy weather, where it is often easy to forget that the Sun exists in our solar system. Days or weeks may go by without any sunlight, the sky gets lower, and the clouds are suffocating; squeezing out that cheery, positive outlook that comes naturally in the Summer.
By focusing the mind and activating our emotional body, we can have a positive impact on restructuring the chemical make-up of the brain, our perceptions, and the cellular make-up of the body. This is how we can be our own healer. By imagining light energy or prana moving into the areas of the body that need healing, we literally rebuild new neuro-pathways that create new ways of seeing and being.
The How-To of the Healing Light Visualization1. Find a comfortable place to sit with your spine straight (in a chair, with your back against a wall, or cross-legged).
2. Place your hands face up on your thighs (to uplift your energy) or in Chin Mudra with your index finger curled in to touch the root of the thumb, palms up.
3. Close your eyes. Scan through your entire body with your awareness. Notice any areas in the body where you may be holding tension and invite these places to relax (you can mentally say “relax” to the various body parts as you let go of any tension or tightness).
4. Let your breath be natural and easy.
5. Bring your awareness to your heart centre. Imagine a tiny light or candle flame residing in your heart. As you inhale, visualize the light of this flame radiating out in all directions through your body. As you exhale—relax. On the next inhalation, see the light growing larger and brighter filling up more space of your body. As you exhale—relax.
6. Continue to inhale and see the light expanding and illuminating your entire body. Relax as you exhale. With every inhalation see the light moving out further and further until your entire body is surrounded with this golden light energy, removing any blockages, tension, or contraction in the mind and body.
7. Visualize the light filling the room you are in . . . your home . . . your neighbourhood . . . your city . . . your country . . . the whole planet.
8. Continue to breathe naturally, and bathe in the healing light energy. Stay here for at least 10 breaths (or as long as you wish).
9. Bring your attention back to the source—your own heart. Notice how you are feeling now, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
10. When you feel ready take three deep, cleansing breaths in and out through the nose. Place your hands in Pranam Mudra with your palms touching in front of your heart, and take a moment to consciously acknowledge any benefits or transformation you are experiencing.
11. Know that you can return to this state at any time you choose.
Join us for a week of divine pleasure, deep relaxation and boundless joy at the exquisite Haramara Retreat Centre for our Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat, November 8-15th, 2014. Spaces are limited. For more info and to register CLICK HERE.
Forward to Friend
Praise for the book...
“Madhuri and Glynnis have united the timeless wisdom of Ayurveda and the ancient spiritual discipline of Yoga in a most simple, practical way that can heal every individual and unfold the inner harmony of life in daily living.”
— Vasant Lad, B.A.M.&S., M.A.Sc, Ayurvedic physician and author of Ayurveda: Science of Self-Healing and many more
“With their earned expertise, Glynnis & Madhuri have made the immense power of Ayurveda so incredibly easy to practice—daily and deeply. As a big fan of Ayurveda, this is the system I’ve been looking for—both logical and loving, ritualistic and practical, ancient and modern.”
— Danielle LaPorte, author/creator of The Desire Map and The Fire Starter Sessions
Copyright © 2014 Glynnis and Madhuri Ayurveda, All rights reserved.
Thanks so much for signing up on our website to receive these emails!
Our mailing address is: