PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THROUGH THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFO (there are membership dues required). We want your experience with us the be a great one!
With AZ Mountain Biking, you will find mountain bike skills classes, free training and fitness tips, and three to four guided rides every week! There are all different types of rides from hard or easy, long or short, Phoenix areas or trails north in Prescott, Payson and Flagstaff. You can even request a specific ride; the day, the time, the terrain. There is something for everyone! Take a look at the web-site; the calendar, the postings and photos, to see if AZMB would be right for you!
1. AZMB membership dues are $12.50 per 6 months, and can be paid through Paypal on the AZMB home page. You must pay prior to being interactive on the site (contacting members, using the message boards), and payment is due on or before your first RSVP. If you are visiting AZ, you are welcome to join us on a ride as our guest. Thank you! (There is a "pay online" button in the left side column, in the Membership Dues area, or contact the organizer for other methods of payment.)
2. By joining AZ Mountain Biking (AZMB), you are agreeing to the Waiver, Release and Assumption of Risks at the very bottom of the page.
*For beginner mountain bikers, we highly recommend taking a skills clinic so that you will be ready to ride with a group. Please contact the Amy Regan if you are unsure of your riding level.
Your paid membership includes:
- Guided mtn bike rides, both local and out of state, with detailed descriptions, trail ratings, directions to rides, carpooling, expense sharing, etc.
- Message boards to meetup with others, share ideas, etc.
- Training tips and riding advice
- 10%+ off purchases at Rage Cycles in Scottsdale, Global Bikes, and Flat Tire in Cave Creek
- 20% off Mountain Bike Skills Clinics
- 20% off Personal Training and Coaching
- Payment of the yearly dues
- RSVPing for rides
- Staying informed by reading AZMB emails and updates to the calendar
- A helmet and water pack/water bottles (100oz for most rides)
- A well fitting mountain bike in good working order
- Good cardio fitness (you have a regular routine of some type of cardio workouts at least twice a week)
- Self-preparedness: tools, food, water and maps to take care of yourself should the need arise!
So join us today, and experience new rides and meet new friends!
Feel free to contact me with questions, and I hope to see you on the trails soon!
Amy Regan, AZMB Organizer
By Joining AZMB, you agree to the following WAIVER, RELEASE, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS:
WAIVER, RELEASE, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I/we hereby waive, release and discharge the Meetup group AZ Mountain Biking (AZMB) and its officers, ride leaders,volunteers, employees, organizers, sponsors, members, and ride participants from any and all claims for personal injury, property damage,or death resulting from my/our participation in any AZMB event.
I/we acknowledge that mountain biking is a high-risk sport. I/we realize there are certain dangers inherent in the sport of mountain biking, and I/we assume these risks with the full understanding that injuries may result from my/our participation in any AZMB event.
I intend this release to discharge the above-named from any and all liability arising from or connected in any way with my/our participation in any event, even though that liability may result from the negligence or carelessness of the above named .
I/we certify that my/our bicycle is suitable for safe use in all events, that I/we are in good physical condition, and that I/we are able to complete the event. I/we agree to wear a bicycle helmet properly adjusted and fastened and approved by SNELL or ANSI.
I/we have read this waiver and release and fully understand its terms and agree that it shall be binding on my/our heirs and assigns. I/we consent to emergency care at my own expense if injured or ill.