Los Angeles Baby Boomers Message Board Los Angeles Baby Boomers Discussion Forum › Descanso (3/21/09) Recap

Descanso (3/21/09) Recap

A former member
Post #: 66
Descanso – One of the things I remembered most about these gardens were the massive Wisteria vines hanging over and through a covered patio outside the gift shop. And, I imagined a group of us walking around, mingling and conversing, enjoying all the garden gems.

I don't know what happened to those vines, but I noticed almost all that remained were a few weary ones! And what happened to everyone? The crowd dispersed and decided to wander their own way – occasionally we'd regroup and a few of us were together for tea, and for the Fab Four concert.

Still, it was an incredible experience! – a veritable forest of lilac and another of camellia – the tulips were in awesome perfect bloom – George shared a bunch of his knowledge about places to go and excellent teas (and later, his photos!) – and the concert was a lot more fun than my not-very-high expectation.

Chris (another 'Always welcome' in our gang) mentioned 'The Swim' and, on demand (like an involuntary reaction) I went into it. Ha. And, by the end of the day, I was thinking 'Over? Already? Wow…' I met some great people and observed some fascinating aspects of people & the whole meetup experience.

I learned Paulette is an artist – and I tried to snap some shots of the kids dancing (a favorite theme of hers) – to be posted – if I can keep my attention focused! Clever woman would not hang up the phone until she had me in eyesight!

Sandi was a pleasure to meet – a recent transplant from San Diego & I hope to see again and often…

Juliana came up breathlessly wondering whether we were going for Hungarian food later…. And guys… where are the guys…. Guys & food – usually found together?

Hookups happened – you heard it here….

Friendships formed and old friendships renewed (from decades ago!) – amazing stuff!

I know I'm missing a bunch of you who were there - Donna ran off to capture shots & I don't think we saw her again... etc.

And all the way home… just 'wow. Amazing. Cool. I am SO glad I'm doing this…'

Thank you all for all the pleasure it is….