UPDATE: Rescheduled to November 18th, and we will be raffling off a 1 Year Adobe Creative Cloud Memebership!!!
Ember.js is an extremely powerful and robust framework that includes powerful data bindgings, a robust router, templates based on the popular Handlebars library, and encapsulated components. This session aims to solve one of the hardest parts of getting started with ember: wrapping your head around how to combine all these concepts into a working web application. Attendees will be introduced to all of the main components of Ember.js and shown how they all fit together. In addition attendees will also learn about Ember's unique data persistence layer, ember-data.
To introduce audience members to the basic building blocks of Ember.js applications.
Developers who have heard about Ember and are interested but haven't actually built anything with Ember.
Why I'm Qualified
I've given hands-on sessions on Ember at NCDevCon, I've written about Ember in Flippin' Awesome.
Audience will learn
• What is Ember and what problems does it solve
• What are the basic building blocks of an Ember application
• What Ember components are and how they allow developers to build reusable objects
• Extending the Handlebars templating language with custom helpers
• How to test Ember applications.