Announcing a new Meetup for Pacific Northwest Backpackers!
What: Cramer Mountain Loop - 2 day backpack
When: June 26,[masked]:00 PM
Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)
Hike Type: Loop
Distance: 15.8 Miles
Duration: 2 Days
Departure: Fri. June 26,[masked]:00pm
Return: Sun. June 28, 2008 (afternoon)
Starting Elevation: 4,200 feet
High Elevation: 5,900 feet
Elevation Gain: 1,700
Hikers Allowed: Novice to Experienced
Location: White Pass - Okanogan & Wenatchee Forests
Costs: gas share with drivers
- Friday: depart the park and ride at 6pm sharp - if all members of the group can leave earlier we will.
- 2 and half hour drive to the trailhead, arrive at the trailhead about 8:30.
- Evening/night hike approximately 2.3 miles to Sand Lake where we'll camp Friday night.
- Saturday: leisurely 5.1 mile hike to Cramer Lake
- Those interested, we'll go explore some of the neighboring off-trail lakes for the balance of our Saturday
- Sunday: 4.7 mile hike back to trailhea
If Minnesota is the land of Ten Thousand Lakes, the William O. Douglas Wilderness is a distant cousin of that lake rich land. The "William O." boasts scores of lakes and hundreds of small ponds and tarns, and this loop takes advantage of many of those. You'll find all the great scenery that follows lakes, from rich foliage, great numbers of birds, and tons of small mammals. There are also a few big critters wandering the area, too, from massive mule deer to proud Rocky Mountain elk.
Learn more here:http://backpackers.meetup.com/138/calendar/10701193/