addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Backpackers Message Board General Discussion › WANTED: Gently used trekking poles

WANTED: Gently used trekking poles

Bryan W.
bmwatx
Cedar Park, TX
Post #: 3
All - prepping for a Grand Canyon rim-rim tour and looking for 1 or 2 pairs of gently used trekking poles....Please message or email me if you have some you'd sell or know of a good source...

Thanks!

Bryan
bwhite AT novotus com
A former member
Post #: 2
Bryan, I'm sure you're doing this, but start with Craigslist (I saw a pair of Leki poles about 6 weeks ago); then go directly to the REI nearest you and ask about the next members-only sale time (they are held more often than you think); and then look at Goodwill (you never know). I would also suggest the Freecycle network but that's doubtful. Having said that, spring garage sales are sometimes an unexpected source of luck....Have fun on the Rim<sup>2</sup> hike. It's a blast.

Best,
JoeH