Hello Lady & Gentlemen Hackers!!
It's been a really long time. Too long! I hope this finds you well.
It's finally time for another Balisp meetup. This month, StumbleUpon has graciously offered to host us Sunday October 20 from 2pm to 6pm at the StumbleUpon Headquarters in San Francisco CA (301 Brannan; 2nd floor). There will be a long form presentation (20 minutes + 5 min QA) on MOCL (Common Lisp for iOS & Android) by Wes Henderson, as well as several lightning talks (5 minute presentation + 5 minute QA), followed by food, drink, & conversation. Lightning talks will include:
• Kartik Agaram - thoughts on Urbit
• Eugene Koontz - Italianquiz (interactive quiz written in Clojure + mongodb)
• Nick Allen - pontification about embedding code in spreadsheets
• Ron Garret will talk about his new CL-based startup, Spark Innovations
If you'd like to reserve a lightning talk "slot" please email me so I can put you on the list.
If there's a way you can make this meetup, even if you can't present, please do! Let's make a good showing so that StumbleUpon decides to keep sponsoring us.
Hope to see you there!
The meetup is on the 2nd floor. There should be someone on the ground floor to let you in & guide you to the elevator. IF YOU COME LATE & THERE IS NO ONE THERE TO LET YOU IN, POST A MESSAGE ON THIS MEETUP PAGE. SOMEONE WILL COME DOWN TO LET YOU IN.
We need 2 volunteers:
• Someone to help me man the door from 1:30pm to 2pm
• Someone to watch the meetup comment board (after 2pm) for stragglers & let them in