Announcing a new Meetup for The Baltimore Boardgames Meetup Group!
What: Picnic and games, maybe even a swim...
When: August 22,[masked]:00 PM
Price: $7.00 per person
Oregon Ridge Park
13401 Beaver Dam Rd
Cockeysville, MD 21030
[masked]PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR A NEW DATE IN AUGUST.....
Voted Baltimore's best place to swim in 2007, the beach at Oregon Ridge is one of Baltimore County's best kept secrets. Originally excavated for iron ore in the 1800's, the former quarry is filled with spring fed water and provides welcome relief from the summer heat. Why spend all day driving to Ocean City when the white sands and cool waters of Oregon Ridge are just minutes away in Cockeysville.
We offer two rental areas: a small pavilion that seats 50 (sorry, no electricity) and a picnic grove that seats 150. Both have picnic tables and grill, are set in lovely, tree-filled areas, and are within sight of the swimming area. Additional facility features include: a newly renovated bath house, concession stand, unreservable picnic tables and grills, playground and sand volleyball court.
The beach opens at 10 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. on weekends. The water will be closed 1/2 hour prior to closing the facility each day. The quarry has designated shallow and deep swim areas and is staffed with independently certified lifeguards.Admission to the park is $7.00 for adults - let's all bring a dish to share with others. Please note that and any game that you will bring in your rsvp.
1. Take I-695 toward Towson.
2. Take I-83 North (Exit 24).
3. Continue North to Exit 20-B (Shawan Rd. West).
4. At first light make a left. (Beaver Dam Rd.).
5. Make an immediate right (between the red shed and the Oregon Grill).
6. Go across bridge.
7. Fork right (following ONE WAY signs).
8. You will see the Beach Building on left...parking is on grass.
9. Continue to the paved parking for Nature Center.
10. Nature Center is located at top of path.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/baltimoreboardgames/calendar/10666833/