align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Baltimore Book Club Meetup Group Message Board › cancellations and no shows

cancellations and no shows

A former member

Hello All,

As most of you know we meet each month in a different restaurant. Because of this I am forced to limit the signups so that we don't have too many people. Lately the events have been filling up early and then people drop out at the last minute or just don't show up at all. Meanwhile I get emails during the month from people who would like to come but are unable to because the event full.

This month 22 People signed up to attend the event And only 5 showed up. I think this is unfair to the people who may have wanted to come but were unable to sign up. I have requested that meetup add a waiting list to deal with this but I don't know if that is in their short term plans. So from now on if I see members repeatedly dropping at the last minute or just not showing up I am going to remove them from the group. Everybody has unexpected things come up and I am not going to remove you if you just because you don't make a meeting you signed up for. This policy will only apply to people who show a repeated pattern of dropping.

I hate to do this type of thing and hopefully meetup will come up with some functionality to solve the problem, but until then, I feel it is only fair.

Gary

Look for a more pleasant email in a day or two announcing the details of our next event.