The Baltimore Book Club Meetup Group Message Board › RSVP full!?! What to do!?!?!

RSVP full!?! What to do!?!?!

A former member
Post #: 934
Hey Book Clubbers. It seems that as this group continues to grow, there are always some people who are bummed that it filled up before they could RSVP yes. And you probably don't want to invest the time into reading a book that you might not even get to discuss. So what would people think as a 2nd meeting. I know we tried this once before with limited success, but I thought I would throw it out there again. Also, we could address the Great City / County Divide this way. I'm just soliciting opinions on my own. If there seems to be interest, I will follow up with Gary about organizing this (and yes Gary, I am volunteering smile). I'm thinking like a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, but we can always do a poll if there seems to be interest.
A former member
Post #: 5
Don't do Wednesday evenings -- that didn't work out so well before. I wish you luck! If you end up with meetings further north, that would work well for us, but weekend days are a problem with the kids.

Doug
A former member
Post #: 3
As far as I know the location for the meeting in March is as yet undecided. Why not wait until after that is announced to see if an RSVP will be withdrawn.
A former member
Post #: 938
Sorry if my Thread Title was unclear, but I didn't mean to say that I couldn't RSVP, it just seems that every month there are several people in the maybes saying that they want to come. I am going to guess by the underwhelming response to this thread that there is not much interest in a second meeting.
A former member
Post #: 5
Shannon, I'd be up for a second meeting. Satutdays or Sundays sound good.
A former member
Post #: 10
I just joined the group and have only been to 1 actual meeting and i can see what you mean. It seems there are always more people who want to come but the limit is full. I would def be interesting in a 2nd meeting forming. Sunday afternoons/evenings could work or any other time. The key would be to make the meeting time consistent. I work downtown and live north of the city so i am open to county or city locations.

I love to read and would love to be able to come to more discussions but sometimes it is hard to rsvp before it fills up! smile
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Shannon.

I am new to this club and the meetings have filled up for Feb. and March before I had a chance to RSVP. I love the idea of a second meeting. Count me in!

Jade

Hey Book Clubbers. It seems that as this group continues to grow, there are always some people who are bummed that it filled up before they could RSVP yes. And you probably don't want to invest the time into reading a book that you might not even get to discuss. So what would people think as a 2nd meeting. I know we tried this once before with limited success, but I thought I would throw it out there again. Also, we could address the Great City / County Divide this way. I'm just soliciting opinions on my own. If there seems to be interest, I will follow up with Gary about organizing this (and yes Gary, I am volunteering smile). I'm thinking like a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, but we can always do a poll if there seems to be interest.

A former member
Post #: 2
Shannon,

I would be interested both in a second meeting and some meetings outside of actual downtown Baltimore. I know that anytime I see the email come out for the next meetup, I must reply immediately, or there is no chance of getting in. And then sometimes it is still to late. A lot of interested people, but just not enough spaces.

As for location, I personally wouldn't mind switching back and forth between in the city and just outside of it. I'm one of the people coming from the county into the city, and I do hit plenty of traffic trying to get there. Not that I would mind coming in for some meetings - there are many great restaurants in the city! But every once in a while, it might be nice to try something different on location.

Thanks,
Denise
A former member
Post #: 1
I just joined, and I was bummed that the meeting was full, since I happen to already own March's book. I'd be interested in a second March meeting:)
A former member
Post #: 1,003
I am planning to have a second meetup in April. I suggest that anyone who wants to join the March discussion at Mr. Chans to keep your eyes on the RSVP list. There are usually people who drop out at the last minute.