addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Baltimore Book Club Meetup Group Message Board › Need some Book Club Encouragement

Need some Book Club Encouragement

A former member
Post #: 5
Hi ladies!

I have wanted to join a book club for quite some time, and now that I'm all done with grad school, and I'm adjusting to living with a fiance who is a cop and works all night work, I finally have alot of free time. I need some encouragement to really take part in this group though, because I was one of those highschool students who didn't like to read what I was told to read :-) I love to read books, and I tend to choose them in the library based on the cover of the book :-) Would you ladies mind sharing with me what the club is like and why you enjoy it?

-Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 2
well, the 1st thing is that is this not a women's book club. If it is, I somehow snuck in.
A former member
Post #: 2
I like it b/c I teach English and tell other people what to read all day. So it's nice to have books recommended by others; and I like the monthly opportunities to meet others and talk about books. I was too late to get in on the Sedaris book last month, but hopefully I'll join this one. Anyone know where/when it is??