align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Baltimore Book Club Meetup Group Message Board › How many people are actually in the city?

How many people are actually in the city?

A former member
Post #: 1
I was wondering how many other members are in Baltimroe city. The next meet up scheduled is in Pasedena. I don't really want to make the drive out there and would prefer to meet in the city. Anyone else in this situation?smile
A former member
I live right in downtown, and I agree, I don't want to make the drive but would love to meet. It looks like this group was founded by some people who have recently removed themselves from the group. Perhaps they started having the meetings in Pasadena, but now we could switch it to wherever is most convenient. What do others think/prefer?
Suzanna
A former member
I live in White Marsh, so it's not a far hike for me to get to the city. I'm willing to go wherever, though Pasadena is awfully far for me, too. Baltimore City seems more central.

By the way, I just joined today. Have you all chosen a book yet?
A former member
Post #: 2
I get the feeling that this group has been stagnant for a while, so I don't think a book has been chosen. I think this will be the first meeting in a long time, so we can meet each other and pick a book and make plans for the group. What location in baltimore would be convenient for people?
A former member
I don't live there, so I'm familiar with what venues are best. Somewhere with good parking would be a plus. :)
A former member
Post #: 3
Meeting Place Suggestions--since no one else has... There are nice Barnes and Nobles with coffee/meeting areas in both White Marsh and Towson (just outside the city).

They are both convenient to me, have good parking, and since they're right off the Beltway, city people could save on the tunnel tolls. You guys?
A former member
I live south of the city (Millersville)and work near New Carrollton, so I'd prefer something to the south or west of the city, or along the Charles St. corridor. I'm probably the only one who *does* want to keep meeting in Pasadena, but I know I'm in the minority.