The format of this panel/workshop is going to be a group discussion with me leading it to keep things on topic. Everyone will have their input after I talk about the main points of each topic. You are more than welcome to ask questions about each current topic. I want to make this a sorta free discussion as much as possible, but I do want to limit our time on each topic, in case people need to leave early.
Note: If you do have a sewing machine, please bring it to help learn how to use and experiment with it.
As this is a basic cosplay 101 panel, we are going to learn about:
1) How to start your cosplay by using references, brainstorming and planning, listing out materials, and etc.
2) What supplies and materials work best for some or most cosplays and how much you are willing to spend.
3) Thrift store shopping and the pros and cons.
4) Drafting and using patterns.
5) How to prepare your fabric before sewing it with pre-washing and ironing.
6) The workings of a sewing machine and how to use it.
7) How to handle and cut wigs.
8) The basics of makeup (if we have time).
9) The basics of small props (if we have time).
Please make sure that if you RSVP that you will be able to attend, since space is limited.