Shawn
ScarletSpider
Group Organizer
Columbia, MD
I (Shawn Padraic Murphy) am now officially the new Organizer of Genshiken.  Laz was officially the organizer the past few years, but due to his job and moving away, he has turned the organization over to me.

What will change?

Nothing will change.  I will still post my monthly events at my house in Columbia, and the Sci-Fi/Anime meetups in Baltimore will continue, as well.  Any problems and/or concerns will now go through me instead of Laz Long, and all major messages sent to the MeetUp.Com group "Genshiken" will now be sent to me.

Will I Have To Start Paying Fees?

No, there will be no fees to attend Genshiken events (unless the event is for the movie theater, then you obviously have to pay for your own ticket).

Please Offer Public Event Ideas: If you have any idea for future meetups, by all means please post them.  Perhaps you want to go to mini-golf, go for a hike, get people together to work on costumes, go to a a cosplay rave in Baltimore, host a Manga Book club, go to the premiere of that new anime in theaters, or something else I can't think of. I can't be everywhere, so other events are encouraged, and if you have an idea, you can post it; if over 3 people say they want to attend, it becomes an official MeetUp.Com event that you can edit.

Hosting Do's & Don'ts:  If you post an event on Genshiken, please make sure you are the one hosting.  If it is a convention, please don't just post that a convention is happening (you can do that in the forums), but actually include a date, time, and location when the event is created so others can get together at a specific place and time.  If you cannot attend an event you created, see if someone else wants to host it, and if you cannot find anyone, it is usually better to cancel the event.

If You Want To Host At You House:  If you are interested in ever hosting an event with Genshiken at your place of residence, please let me know. It is a good idea that you frequent some MeetUp events first so people know who you are.

Shawn Padraic Murphy