addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 2
Yeah, definitely going to Pop Show Japan, probably wearing some sort of lolita. Hope they have the fashion show again coz I'll be ready this time! That being said, I'm reaally conflicted coz I'm a huge Star Wars nerd and I want to be at the Sci-fi night too! >_<

I guess it's okay to go two nights in a row...
A former member
Post #: 9
Awesomeness!

I'll be showing up around 9:30 or so. I understand things don't really pick up until 10:00 or so, but I like to take up position somewhere and watch people come in, get a feel for the crowd as it forms. That's assuming the music hasn't already commanded me to get on the dance floor.

I'll not be doing the Sci-Fi con; I'm saving my "con-going" money for Otakon... and a costume, maybe?
A former member
Post #: 41
Arg! The Sci-fi Night was ill-planned, Balticon is having a Steam-punk dance that night. Either way I can't go to either, I have a Maryland Gamer's meet on Friday :(.

If Orpheus has another Sci-Fi night go ahead and post it or e-mail me. I'll put it on the calender and go in my Starfleet uniform (Yes, I know the different between Star Trek and Star Wars :) :p )

Rudie, I thought University didn't start until fall. Don't worry, we'll make your last weekend of Freedom Memorable!

Daryl, I don't know when I'll arrive at Orpheus, but I'll give you a call. Expect me around ~11ish.

Bryan, and Darklord, just wanted to conform that you guys are coming, right? Give Daryl or me a call and we'll see if we can meet up. I'll probably arrive late but my phone is 443-895-8102
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey guys does anyone knows the cost to get in Orpheus? I might go tonight and didnt want to go short handed.
Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 7
I'm going tonight also though not sure how long I'll stay. What's parking like down there? I've only driven by it a few times and am guessing it's mostly on-street parking.
A former member
Post #: 42
Orpheus costs $10 to get in, or $7 if you go in costume.

I don't know about the parking situation, usually I walk there (Its just down the street from me).

Orpheus is in Little Italy so if you've been there you know how it is. Worse comes to worse you can park at my place and walk, or park at the power plant and walk.

Curse me and my inability to get a photo of myself. I'll be in a black shirt and jeans (along with everyone else) but if you recognize me feel free to say Hi. I'll try looking for you guys Shanika, Mary, Bryan, and Darklord. I know how Daryl and Rudi look :) :p

Also, feel free to text me at 443-895-8102 and we can meet up there, though I might not get there till latish.

Daryl will be there so if you see him, feel free to say hi also.
A former member
Post #: 10
In practice, it's pretty much $7. I wasn't in costume or anything, but I was charged only $7 both times I've gone. Maybe they thought my all black setup was a costume or something. Dunno.

Anywho, I had an AWESOME time, tonight. I met up with Andy first, and almost accidentally met up with Mary. I got to dancing with her and her friend before I realized who she was. It was her and her friend (Kristy? lol, I think I've already almost forgotten, I'm so terrible with names), Andy and I, and we didn't realize who each other was until Mary brought up Meetup.

So for all of you who didn't show up, y'all missed out. :p
A former member
Post #: 44
Geeze, Daryl, how much Alcohol did you drink to mess up your memory?! ;)

Kristen was Goggles girl, Tiara girl was April, Mary was... I don't think Mary had a nick name (But you totally DIDN't dress as lolita, Mary! For shame! ;) :P ), Capt Jonas Grumby was the skipper, Hinkley was the professor, Howl was the millionaire, Ginger was the movie star and we can't forget the lovable Gilligan. :)

Yeah guys, it was a bunch of fun and I'm working on getting a picture of me up for the site. Too bad I'm allergic to cameras (and am a vampire so I don't show up in pictures).

A former member
Post #: 3
Hey I totally had on the knee socks and poofy skirt okay? A club environment is a little too hot for a cutsew though. I had to chose between being authentic and being comfortable!

The crown April had on was originally mine but it kept falling off while I was dancing :P

Also I just met Kristie there but I really hope she finds us again coz she was fun! I want to learn some sort of synchronized dance now though. If you can't tell I had a really great time!
A former member
Post #: 12
Hey, I remembered most of that. I'm just bad with names, and couldn't remember if she introduced herself as Kristen or Kristie or what (and I may not have heard properly in that environment, in any case). Yes, I noticed your garb, Mary, even if Andy didn't. :p

As to synchronized dances, I'm totally going to figure out the dance associated with the exit theme to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Hare Hare Yukai). Pretty good version here. Man, that series had some of the best music.