A former member
Post #: 6
I don't know how many of you are into this sort of thing, but I plan to go back again some time this month, either on the 22nd or the 29th (both Saturdays). The 22nd is their N-Code event, which is all video game remixes and such. The 29th is their Dance Dance Pop Show Japan. At the moment, I'm leaning toward the second one, but I thought I'd see if any of you are interested in coming along, and which event appeals more to the group.

A former member
Post #: 35
Hey Daryl.

I'm adding both days to our Calender, and if you don't mind hosting the event I can add it as a meet-up.

I might join you on the 22nd, depending on how long the meet-up goes and the 29th is a Sci-fi con, So I'm debating going to the con instead of Orpheus. Actually, if you don't mind driving me to the Sci-fi con and back, we might be able to do both things on the 29th.

A former member
Post #: 7
I think I need to go a few more times, get a feel for the place, before I can put myself in the position of a host. I was hoping for a little more informal interest from the forum... but then, I haven't followed the forums all that closely, either.

Where's the Sci-Fi Con?
A former member
Post #: 5
I haven't been yet so I'd like to check it out as well. I'd probably be going on the 29th or in June otherwise. Once my next round of classes starts I'll be pretty alias again -- especially since its been years since I've done any programming.
A former member
Post #: 40
Daryl, The sci-fi con is actually in Hunt Valley, just North of Baltimore. Its supposed to be a ton of fun.

And no worries. The meet-ups are strictly calender posts at the moment, not meet-ups. Basically they're there just to inform people that something interesting is happening that day, not that a meet-up is scheduled or anyone will actually show up. Though it would be fun to get a good group and just chill at Orpheus for a bit. I still think Jump at the Moon is the better club, though :) :p

Rudie, when do classes start up again?
A former member
Post #: 1
I went to the last Dance Dance pop show Japan @ Orpheus, and found that most of the otaku didn't do well in a club atmosphere. People were literally just standing around on the dance floor... Plus there was a lot of rap music, which confused me at a goth club. The DJ would have done better if they had just put on some Gackt or some J-pop group.

That being said, I'm definitely going again ^_^. For all my complaints, it's a Japanese-themed night at one of my favorite clubs, why would I not be there?
A former member
Post #: 6
Andy, my classes start June 1st. Today is not going according to plan so I may end up at your trivia night afterall...
A former member
Post #: 3
Plus there was a lot of rap music, which confused me at a goth club.

For shame... :/ That dj must have been really lost. lol.

A former member
Post #: 13
FYI - N-Code was Friday the 21st. The slave auction scheduled for tonight was canceled due to lack of "product". The 29th is the right date for Dance Dance Pop Show Japan with the 28th hosting The Death Star Scifi Ball. On the bright side, I got to try out Orpheus and despite it's small turnout and cd player issues, it's only the second club in Baltimore where I really feel at home.
A former member
Post #: 1
I went on Friday and it was a blast. I won the game Alan Wake in a raffle. They usually have two japanese fighting games running on the big screens (often imports) and usually have a tournament later in the night. They also had a few laptops going for LAN play. I think they were playing Left 4 Dead.
Good music, very pro-anime crowd. Trance, club, darkwave music, and most of the dancers are wielding glow sticks.