align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

NYC BLUEGRASS SLOW JAM (for Adv beginners and Int players) Message Board › Quick Question by a new member- Electric upright?

Quick Question by a new member- Electric upright?

A former member
Post #: 1
Howdy everyone. I'm a guitarist and bass player who's been looking to find a great jam crew to play with. I have a question about your group. I play an electric upright bass, which I think sounds great and very "acoustic." It does not look or sound like an electric guitar, but needs a small amp to be heard. Would bringing this to the jam offend the sensibilities of anyone who regularly goes? I've used it in bluegrass groups before and have had few complaints. I could just bring my acoustic guitar, but I love bass playing and have no access to an acoustic upright.
Mike M.
Banjomikey
Union City, NJ
Post #: 1
I wouldn't be offended as long as it wasn't super loud compared to all the other people. I think it would be great to have a bass player.