Unreasonable at Sea
To buy Tickets and More Event Information Click
Use the code uasmeetup at uasbcn.eventbrite.es to receive the €5 discount on your entrance ticket.
AN UNREASONABLE JOURNEY
To celebrate the arrival of Unreasonable at Sea to Barcelona we are organizing a unique event where the 11 Unreasonable at Sea founders will take the stage to present their journey around the world, and starting up their impact startups. Moreover, we will count with the presence of guest speakers including; Xavier Vilalta (sustainable architect & TED Fellow), Daniela Schiffer & Markus Schulz from Changers.com, Luke Jones from Semester at Sea, and Anna Quintero from Infojobs.
BARCELONA GETS UNREASONABLE
Something very Unreasonable is about to happen, and you should be part of it. We are talking about the arrival to Barcelona of the Unreasonable at Sea program. We are going to celebrate it big time!
What is Unreasonable at Sea? A startup mentoring program where 11 technology-based startups and20 world-class mentors have been traveling together on a boat for 105 days, visiting 16 cities in 12 countries, in search for new opportunities to create impact with their solutions. Unreasonable at Sea is a radical experiment in global entrepreneurship to combat the greatest challenges of our time.
Unreasonable at Sea is a partnership between Boulder-based Unreasonable Institute, a leading accelerator in the environmental and social entrepreneurship sector, Semester at Sea the only study abroad program on a ship circumnavigating the globe and Stanford's d.school, the world leader in design thinking education.
You don't want to miss this unique opportunity to connect with the local and international community of innovators, entrepreneurs, and change makers.
UNREASONABLE AT SEA STARTUPS
11 technology-based startups are on board of the Unreasonable at Sea boat. They all aim to change the world and bring to the market solutions for large environmental and social issues. The startups belong to the health, energy, education, and Internet sectors.
- Aquaphytex: Providing clean water to 300,000 people w/out chemicals or energy (just plants);
- Damascus Fortune: Nanotechnology that transforms carbon emissions into material for spaceships;
- Innoz: Most used mobile-app in India. Designed to leapfrog internet. +120,000,000 users;
- Guru-G: Educates and empowers teachers through a “gamified” platform;
- The IOU Project: Shifting the dynamics of supply chains in apparel in a BIG way;
- Solar Ear: World’s 1st digitally programmable and rechargeable hearing aids;
- Protei: Wind powered, shape shifting, open source sailing drones that clean oceans;
- Evolving Technologies:Radically affordable medical devices for maternal care in emerging markets;
- One Earth Designs:Harnesses the sun for cooking & energy. Ranked best solar cooker on earth;
- Prakti Design:Feeding 250,000 people daily with ultra-affordable and fuel efficient stoves;
- Artificial Vision for the Blind:Artificial intelligence leveraged as a non-invasive cure for blindness
Detailed descriptions of the companies can be found at Unreasonableatsea.com
9:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 13:00 Conference
Sponsor - An Unreasonable Journey
Enviu Barcelona - ACC10/Invest in Catalonia - Ajuntament de Barcelona - Museu Marítim de Barcelona- Barcelona Activa
Unreasonable at Sea Sponsors
Semester at Sea - Standford's d.school - Microsoft Xbox 360 - SAP