addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Baton Rouge Film, TV, Theater & Music Industry Mee Message Board › The 'L.A. Standard' Ongoing Auditon Workshop with Christian Stokes

The 'L.A. Standard' Ongoing Auditon Workshop with Christian Stokes

Christian S.
ChristianStokes
Metairie, LA
Post #: 11
Hello everyone! My name is Christian. I would like to take this moment to invite you to join me in my 'L.A. Standard' On-going Audition Workshop. I offer classes in Baton Rouge and Metairie.

Really? ANOTHER acting workshop?? Well, actually...No.

Actors spend a lot of time and energy in a classroom setting studying scenes and acting technique, but neglect to spend time on the very specific art of landing the role in the first place. One must win the audition before he or she can win the role. The crazy truth is that in order to book gigs, one must not only be a good actor, but a good auditioner as well. Thats where I come in!

“The L.A. Standard” is an on-going audition workshop that helps you expand your confidence and your actor’s toolkit by exploring and blending the business of ‘show’ with the fundamentals of acting in an on-camera environment. The ‘L.A. Standard’ helps level the field against professional actors coming into the market from abroad while giving you the opportunity to learn how to package yourself, embrace your type, take risks when necessary and make great and lasting impressions on casting. 'The L.A. Standard' isn't an acting class per se. Its an on-going workshop that allows you to make interesting and bold choices using the limited information that the audition sides provides.

Classes are held weekly on Monday nights in Gonzales and Tuesday nights in Metairie. They begin at 6:30pm and run til 9:30pm. Classes are $40 per session. If you commit to more than one session and pay in advance, you receive a 25% discount per class. If you commit to 4 weeks, you get the 25% discount and get a 5th class free. I like to keep class sizes limited so as to spend time focusing on individual needs. If interested, please reserve your spot today!

About me: I have worked steadily in show business for the past 15 years as an actor, stuntman, coach, director, and in casting for live show entertainment. In the past, I've served as the Head of Entertainment for Pirates Dinner Adventure in Buena Park, California and Monkey Rock at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota. Some career highlights include appearing with Charlize Theron in her Academy Award winning turn in Monster and acting in projects for directors such as Richard Linklater and Penelope Spheeris. Other credits include Stop-Loss, No Ordinary Family, Lake Dead, Chase, and Alias. I recently returned to the South after an 8 year stint in Los Angeles so that I can be close to family once more and do my part to help expand its ever-growing film industry. I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,
Christian Stokes

To reserve your spot in the “L.A. Standard” Audition workshop, email theLAstandard@gmail.com with your name and contact information today.

The “L.A. Standard"- Let's Put the L.A. in La!