Baton Rouge Film, TV, Theater & Music Industry Meetup Group Message Board › PARKING COMPLAINTS REGARDING OUR EVENTS, MEETINGS, AND SOCIALS

PARKING COMPLAINTS REGARDING OUR EVENTS, MEETINGS, AND SOCIALS

Susie L.
lasunshine
Group Organizer
Baton Rouge, LA
Numerous Complaints regarding PARKING Downtown New Orleans/French Quarters. I have been bombarded by many who do not want to go public, but sometimes we have to as if we can get better venues for the 48 Hours, Timecode:nola, NOFF, meetups, etc. and other Festivals, we would do better and have INCREASED ATTENDANCE and participation as far as audiences, etc. Many of us cannot afford to park and it cost me $20.00 to go to a small tiny bar in New Orleans for an event, and on top of that $10.00 - $30 for a show. I suggest that we in Indie Film Industry that we have screenings, shows, and awards events venues more uptown or other areas in New Orleans or Jefferson where there would be plenty of either free or reasonable parking. Also many do not like the bar scene and want to go to theaters to see shows, and many want to go party at the bars and barhop after the shows in the Quarters. That is the way it always have been done. We cut our audiences in half when we have our screenings at bars and not theaters, halls, or auditoriums. Also suggest we have all groups show at one sitting. Tons of people would have come if parking would have been better.

ANOTHER COMPLAINT: Lack of Seating at small bars. Many people cannot stand up very long and have to sit. We want to be able to invite our parents, grandparents, and older folk there to enjoy our screenings and movies.  If I would have been one minute late, I would have not been able to go because I cannot stand up at long periods of time.

ANOTHER COMPLAINT: Restaurants, cafes, and kitchen closing at 11pm. Man! We have events there and like to go eat after an event and many of the restaurants close down. I am too used to the Quarters having these places open 24/7. This is scaring tourists off.

I suggest have events at a bigger place like a theater or auditorium, serve/sell liquor and food there, party at Quarters afterwards, and then have repeat showings at the bars in Quarters as well.

However we do appreciate our SPONSORS, but I would like to see more SPONSORS from other areas as well.
Susie