addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Trading Systems Interest Group Message Board Bay Area Trading Systems Interest Group Discussion Forum › Reading List of Edited Materials

Reading List of Edited Materials

CharlieInSF
user 6372681
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 1

• This thread is for those who wish to link to edited reading materials as they emerge from meeting discussions and beyond.
  • The materials would be books, journal/academic articles, government/institutional reports, data bases, etc., but NOT articles or posts from dailies or blogs or other social media. Only direct links are welcome.
  • Listing of discussion forums or a blog itself are also encouraged, but again, no particular article or post within these. (it gets too messy otherwise)

For those adding materials, please provide a one letter code of the type of the material, and three one word categorizations describing the content.
Types are:
B - book
A - academic / institution
G - government
D - data base
F - forum
Categorizations should indicate:
1) level (introductory, intermediate, advanced),
2) technical subject or type of data (e.g. general, programming, statistics, analysis, market, index, ...), and
3) topical subject (e.g. equities, bonds, commodities, risk, banking, insurance, housing, real-estate, hedging, shorting, trending, consolidation, behavior, strategies, business, ...)

Let me start with a few from a recent discussion:
B - intro - algorithmic - business :: Quantitative Trading: How to Build Your Own Algorithmic Trading Business (Wiley Trading) by Ernest P. Chan (Nov 17, 2008)
F - general - algorithmic - trading :: Algorithmic trading discussion group on LinkedIn
B - adv - strategy - opening :: Day Trading With Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout by Toby Crabel
B - adv - programming - threading :: Java Concurrency in Practice by Brian Goetz
B - intro - money management :: Fortune's Formula
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi,

I found a link to website that has various trading related books in pdf format.
Most of them seems to be photocopy or scanned version of the original book.
I don't know if it's appropriate to post the link to books to this forum or to this
thread. The link is -

http://www.traders-li...­

I hope you guys find this useful.

Cheers!

- Hemant.