addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Trading Systems Interest Group Message Board Bay Area Trading Systems Interest Group Discussion Forum › Collaboration on trading strategies with my interactive brokers paper tradin

Collaboration on trading strategies with my interactive brokers paper trading account

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi All,

I am looking to get together with others who would be interested in collaborating on coding trading strategies using my interactive brokers paper trading account. Please let me know!

-Tim

P.S.

I have come to the realization I don't have enough time to do this all myself. If you have come to the same realization lets combine our skills and time to benefit each other and make money! I am a professional software developer as well. I made a tutorial video on using the interactive brokers java api here:

http://www.youtube.co...­

My preferred programming language is python.
A former member
Post #: 1
If you're a python programmer then there's no need to wade through all of that awful Java API. smile
http://code.google.co...­
A former member
Post #: 1
Awesome, Jake. How reliable is ibPy? Any personal experiences?
A former member
Post #: 2
ibPy is very good. Stable, and lets you code in a simple pythonic way. For example, something I wrote long ago was a mere 40 lines of code for a NYSE-tick alerter. Here's the code as a sample. [Please note that I am not recommending this as a trading strategy (a la John Carter), it's simply a fun little tool.] Buying and selling equities/contracts is also very simple.