This is very exciting! We have 16 paid members and 5 others who will register on or by April 20th.
If any ladies are interested but haven't signed up yet, please let me know. You are very welcome to join. The annual membership fee is $99, which includes the NCGA membership and a $50 driving range card.
Because none of us has a handicap (yet), in order to see what everyone's abilities are, our first event will be a regular tournament with prizes given out for:
- the best overall score
- the lowest putt strokes
- closest-to-the-pin on hole #6
- closest-to-the-pin on hole #8
- the longest drive on hole #9
- the "most challenged" (a.k.a. the highest overall score)
- the most balls lost
We will have a scoring system, which I will explain in my email to you when I send out the notes from our first meeting.
Points for this first tournament are as follows:
- 2 points for playing (2 points each time you attend)
- best overall score: 10 points
- second best score: 5 points
- third best score: 2 points
- best putter/lowest putt strokes: 5 points
- second lowest putt strokes: 2 points
- closest-to-the-pin on hole #6: 5 points
- longest drive on hole #9: 5 points
To ensure that players of all skill levels have an equal opportunity to score points and win prizes, we will vary the games we play each month. Upcoming tournaments include:
- 2-person scramble (both partners score equal points)
- Bingo, Bango, Bongo: http://www.meetup.com/bay-area-golf-meetup/messages/boards/thread/32430442
- best scores for certain holes (5 shortest holes, odd or even holes)
- 3-Club Tournament (2-person best ball or scramble)
- Pink Ball Tournament: http://www.meetup.com/bay-area-golf-meetup/messages/boards/thread/32429682
And a few more. All these games will be fully explained in upcoming emails and before we tee off each time.
"Local rules" will apply at each tournament, and I will remind everyone what the "local rules" are each time.
Tournament fee: $25.00, portions of which will go toward the green fee, prizes and a kitty for our end-of-year celebration.