Although this meetup is for Ladies Club members, a one-time drop-in is okay.
If any ladies are interested in joining, the annual membership fee is $99 (payable to Fremont Park Golf Club), which includes the NCGA membership and a $50 Fremont Park driving range card. ($89 renewal fee for current members).
This month's event will be a 2-person best-ball 4-club tournament. As usual, I will pair a stronger player with a less-experienced player or pair two players who have some experience on a golf course so that everyone has a chance to score points and win prizes.
Please leave all your clubs in your car except for the 4 clubs you will be using. The 4 clubs include your putter. It's important that you use one club that you tee off with and with which to hit your longer approach shots. The other clubs should be shorter ones for your pitch, chip and bunker shots.
For the longest-drive contest, please tee off with one of your 4 clubs. When we did the 3-club tournament last year, Debbie Neargarder's tee shot with her 5-iron was long enough to win the honors. Others used their 5-wood or hybrid.
Tournament fee: $25. Checks payable to "Lucy Kim." Portions of the fee go toward the green fee, prizes and the year-end celebration. Although the payments will be made to me, please check in at the pro shop to let them know that you are here. Pre-payment via PayPal is okay.
Please arrive by 8:30 a.m. for instructions and to meet your partner. We'll meet by the middle driving range stalls.
Here are the prize categories for this month:
- the best overall score (both partners win a prize)
- the 2nd best overall score (both partners win a prize)
- the lowest putt strokes (for an individual, not your 2-person team)
- the 2nd lowest putt strokes (for an individual)
- best individual score (prize, but no points)
- closest-to-the-pin on hole #6 (for an individual)
- closest-to-the-pin on hole #8 (for an individual)
- the longest drive on hole #9 (for an individual)
- the "most strokes accumulated" (the highest overall score for your team)
- the most balls lost (for an individual)
Points for this tournament are as follows:
- 2 points for playing (2 points each time you attend)
- best overall score: 10 points for each partner
- second best score: 5 points for each partner
- third best score: 2 points for each partner
- best putter/lowest putt strokes: 5 points for an individual
- second lowest putt strokes: 2 points for an individual
- closest-to-the-pin on hole #6: 5 points for an individual
- closest-to-the-pin on hole #8: 5 points for an individual
- longest drive on hole #9: 5 points for an individual
Results and current standings will be emailed within a few days of the tournament.