Tournament fee: $25
Group assignments: We will draw numbers like last month to choose our teams.
September Blues: It was so much fun to see many of our ladies wearing blue last month that everyone this month is invited to wear a "blue" shirt. It can be any shade of blue.
I decided against the blue golf ball idea because as some have said, the blue balls would be hard to see in the grass. Instead, we'll use specially-marked pink Pinnacle golf balls.
Each golfer will be given 3 pink balls (12 balls total per foursome). Let's say one foursome draws numbers and the order is Mary, Faith, Dina and Vix. This team uses one of Mary's pink golf balls and Mary hits with it on the first hole. On the 2nd hole, Faith hits with Mary's pink ball. On the 3rd hole, Dina hits with this same pink ball but then ends up losing it.
This team will then use one of Faith's pink balls and Dina continues to hit with it until they're done with the 3rd hole. On the 4th hole, Vix uses the replacement ball (Faith's pink ball) and hits with it but then ends up losing it. Vix will then use one of Dina's pink balls and finish playing the 4th hole with it. On the 5th hole, Mary will use the same ball (Dina's) and so on.
The team who ends up losing the least number of these pink balls will be the winner.
If a team loses all the special balls, keep playing using your own golf balls and continue to keep score.
The players with all three special balls left will be entered into a drawing and will win a prize.
This is another "scramble" format, so everyone will be playing from the spot of the best shot until the hole is finished ("holed out"). However, each player's tee shot must be used at least one time.
Prizes will be given out for:
- the team who ends up with the most number of the specially-marked pink balls. In case of a tie, the team with the lower overall number of putts will be deemed the winner.
- the team who ends up with the 2nd most number of the specially-marked pink balls
- the team with the best overall score
- the lowest number of putts (4-person team score)
- closest-to-the-pin on Hole #6 (individual effort)
- closest-to-the-pin on Hole #8 (individual effort)
- the longest drive on Hole #9 (individual)
- the shortest drive on Hole #9 (individual)
- the most strokes taken by a 4-person team
- most lost balls (individual)
Points will be as follows:
- 2 points for playing
- most # of specially-marked balls left: 10 points for each team member
- 2nd most # of specially-marked balls left: 5 points for each team member
- 3rd most # of specially-marked balls left: 2 points for each team member
- lowest putt strokes: 5 points for each team member
- second lowest putt strokes: 2 points for each team member
- closest-to-the-pin on Hole #6: 5 points
- closest-to-the-pin on Hole #8: 5 points
- longest drive on Hole #9: 5 points