January 21, 2013 · 8:00 AM
Have you been meaning to learn or improve on your Spanish so you can better communicate with your Spanish speaking patients? Now is your chance!
Here is an all-day class (8 am - 4 pm) through PESI Healthcare to learn basic Spanish used in the healthcare setting.
There are three locations: 1/21 Berkeley, 1/22 San Jose, 1/23 Sacramento.
The class costs $200 with advanced registration, discounts for students and 3+participants registering together. CEUs are given.
These are the course objectives:
- Understand Spanish words and expressions related to basic healthcare situations.
- Demonstrate effective communication in Spanish with comfort and moderate proficiency.
- Distinguish the key differences between U.S. and Latino cultures.
- Apply knowledge to assist co-workers in need of basic Spanish skills.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn more Spanish language skills.
Here is the link with information on how to register and with the seminar locations. http://www.pesihealthcare.com/search/detail/index.aspx?sessionid=&eventid=56280
And here is the brochure: