PhotoFly Travel Club has invited us to their most authentic safari yet paired with Africa’s most famous natural wonder of the world: Victoria Falls! This Botswana group safari and Victoria Falls experience is an unbeatable deal. We’ll be exploring the wildlife along the Chobe River where four African countries meet (Botswana, Zambia, Namibia and Zimbabwe). The Chobe Game Reserve is famous for its enormous elephant population – it is said that 45,000 of these fascinating giants roam the plains of Chobe. From here we’ll cross the border into Zimbabwe to witness Victoria Falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world! Email steve to see daily itinerary at [masked]
June 14th-June 22nd 2014
* 8 night/9 Day Adventure (6 Nights Botswana, 2 Nights Zimbabwe/Victoria Falls)
* 6 nights/7 Days of Safari along the Chobe River in Chobe Game Reserve
* 4 Star Mowena Safari Lodge & Spa (All rooms face the Chobe river and are equipped with tea/coffee-making facilities, mini bars, hairdryers as well as mosquito nets and electric insect repellants. Mowana’s pool is built in such a way that it disappears into the surrounding Chobe landscape)
* Breakfast & Dinner everyday
* Along with 45,00 elephants, Chobe Naitonal Park is home to lions, leopards, giraffes, cheetahs, cape buffalo, approximately 450 bird species, as well as Puku and Chobe bushbuck, which are indigenous to this area.
* Game drives & river cruise safaris every day for plenty of sightings and photography opportunities!
* Namibian Village Visit: We’re gonna check off 3 countries on this trip as we hop across the border to experience the local culture and way of life in an authentic Namibian mud-hut village.
* 2 rounds of golf for those interested included!
* Complimentary “Thula Thula” Back & Neck Massage
Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe:
*2 nights/3 days
* Lokuthula Lodges at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
* Guided Tour Victoria Falls: A truly awe-inspiring experience – the sight, the sound, the smell; the humbling feeling that here indeed is Nature’s Supreme Masterpiece. No photograph can begin to depict the reality (though we will try!)…and nothing prepares you for your first sight. We’ll be accompanied through the rain forest by a qualified guide who will give a brief history of the Falls themselves as well as detailing the flora, fauna, bird & wildlife and other points of interest. There are 16 viewpoints to see the falls from for endless photograph opportunities. Raincoats are provided when needed.
* Arrival Night Sundowner Cruise on the Zambezi River (Enjoy a sundowner and snacks as we look out onto the banks of the Zambezi. Great chance to capture one of the most amazing sunsets in Africa while spotting elephants, hippos, giraffe, crocodiles, & river birds as they come to the river’s edge for a drink at the end of the hot day)
* Dinner at “The Boma” (An evening filled with entertainment from Amakwezi traditional dancers to a local story teller and fortune teller. Tuck into a four-course meal of mouth watering starters: soup from the campfire, a substantial barbeque buffet served on cast iron plates with a selection of salads, followed by a choice of delicious desserts. Everyone’s tastes are catered for, and whilst the adventurous are enticed with local delicacies such as Mopani worms and game stews! Enjoy beef, pork, fish and chicken or a variety of vegetarian meals. Don’t rush off after dinner, because we can join in the drumming extravaganza which is always a highlight of the evening.)
* Tons of optional activities to choose from (elephant back safaris, zip line, Vic Falls Helicopter ride, canoe safaris, horse back riding, and more)
* Privately guided small group tour as always!
* Photographer with us throughout to teach those interested in improving skills (basics, SLR instruction, composition, etc). Totally optional -no need to be an avid photography enthusiast!
* All Taxes & Fees included (not including Zimbabwe Visa obtained on arrival: $30.00/ No visa needed for Botswana/ Namibia visa is free obtained at border)
* All Transfers and ground transportation included
* Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
* Airfare is not included but we will assist all guests with finding the best flight!
*Flights Needed: 1. June 12th/13th Departure & June 22nd Return: Round Trip International to Johannesburg (JNB) 2. June 14th Departure (one way):Johannesburg (JNB) –> Kasane (BBK) 3. June 22nd Departure (one way): Victoria Falls (VFA) –> Johannesburg (JNB)
(Specific arrival/departure times will be sent to all guests and we’ll assist in booking the proper flights as always)
* Email steve to see daily itinerary at [masked]
To sign up go to: http://www.photoflytravel.org/botswana-safari-group-tour/