I will be hosting a climbing and camping weekend at Pinnacles National Monument on Saturday May 8 and Sunday May 9. Pinnacles is a great place for all levels and all types of climbing from beginner sport routes to advanced trad routes. So bring your climbing and camping gear and meet me there Friday night May 7 for a beer and two days of climbing! I should be there by 6:00 PM at the camp site. I will get the site number out to those who accept after I know how many folks are coming. Here is some helpful info on the trip and climbing and camping at Pinnacles National Monument:
• Link to Pinnacles National Monument, including directions: http://www.nps.gov/pi...
• Link to Pinnacles campground:
• Guide Book – “A Climber's Guide to Pinnacles National Monument” 2007 by Brad Young & Steve Dawson (this one is much more worth it than the older version)
• No food (restaurants), lodging or gas in the park. There is a little store at the campground.
• Any skill level is welcome.
• Limit to 20 people for the camp site. Please be courteous and RSVP as soon as you can and only if you can for sure make it in order to allow others to attend who can make it. It also ensures Johnny P doesn’t pay for a camp site that nobody shows up to!
• Pets allowed
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.