Bay Area Rock Climbing Message Board › Anyone frequent Diablo Rock?

Anyone frequent Diablo Rock?

A former member
Post #: 6
Diablo Rock doesn't seem to get much attention on here, no meetups in nearly a year and almost no discussion, but out of 1100 members I'm sure at least some of you go there frequently. I am hoping to find a few climbing partners that go there frequently. If you are looking for a partner too, or are open to another person joining, let me know

~Mike
chad m.
user 8006173
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 1
I go to city beach in Fremont (way cheaper...and about same distance for me), but see you live in Walnut Creek. I used to be in P'town, but now in San Ramon. Just checked out Castle Rock up in your neck of the woods recently. Nothing spectacular but nice, close, outdoor climb.

Anyway, would be game to meet another climber in this area...either at Diablo or if you want to try out at Castle Rock?
Susanne
user 5903320
Oakley, CA
Post #: 21
There were a few of us who used to meet at the Diablo Rock gym on Thursdays. But the guy who organized it schedule changed and he stopped posting the meetups. It would be great to get some started again.

I would love to find some more people to climb with at the Diablo gym on a more regular basis. Let me know if/when you are available.

-Susanne
A former member
Post #: 7
Thanks for the replies. Sorry for not being clear Chad, I was referring to Diablo Rock Gym in Concord. But I would be interested in climbing on Diablo too. By Castle Rock, you are referring to Pine Canyon right? I believe the approach usually begins from Castle Rock park but not entirely sure. I don't have pro though, and I haven't found the time to get out there with my buddy who does.

Susanne that would be great if you'd be interested in climbing some time. I have a couple of people I meet with occasionally but it's been pretty sporadic. Just getting back into it, I've been going about once a week for the past month and I'd like to get that to twice, occasionally 3 times a week so I am sure we'll find something that works. PM me whenever you are free or lets plan sometime that works.

Mike
Sid
user 11511668
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 5
Hey All

Good to see more people interested in meetup at Diablo rock. I used to host weekly meetups earlier but dropped it eventually as my schedule didn't let me host them any more. I am more than happy to start it back again now. I have also seen other people showing interest in climbing at DRG. So I guess this will be a good time to re-start the weekly meetups.

Interested folks, please reply to this thread with your the days that suit you the most. Any weekday is good for me.

Cheers

Sid
chad m.
user 8006173
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 2
hi Mike,

Sorry for not being clear Chad, I was referring to Diablo Rock Gym in Concord.

I actually knew you meant the gym. Was saying could meet you there sometime (probably not as regular...i'm a cheapskate and go to city beach for cheaper climbing...or outdoor for free).

Yeah, been exploring a couple places at pine canyon. I don't have pro for trad, but have gear for setting up top ropes or leading bolted routes. I did a top rope route there a couple weeks ago. Not bad. Probably like 5.8, with variations on sides. Found a bolted route when there yesterday, but i was just scouting (in a hurry and by myself) so just rappelled it to look at it.

Anyway, if interested in trying it out on a saturday or sunday, let me know.

Chad
A former member
Post #: 8
Sid I think we crossed paths last night actually. I was there from about 3 till 5:15. I mentioned to Susan about looking for partners and she mentioned your name and said she saw you but by that time I think you may have left. I would definitely enjoy meeting up with a few more people. If it's a small enough group maybe we can make it flexible enough that it wouldn't need to only be on one specific day of the week.

Chad I would definitely be interested and I know another person who would be as well and who also has rope. How are your upcoming weekends looking?

Mike
Susanne
user 5903320
Oakley, CA
Post #: 22
Mike,
For the most part, I am flexible on which days to climb. The days that I am busy are random and change weekly. The earliest I could get there on most days is about 6pm. From the post above it seems like both you and Sid climb a bit earlier in the day. If I plan things out with work ahead of time, I could get there earlier but probably not before 5.
Let me know if there is a day and time any of you want to climb. I am cool with last minute plans or well scheduled ones. I haven't climbed in a few months and really need to get back into it.

Hope you all had a nice Halloween.
Susanne
A former member
Post #: 9
Actually I'm just the same, weekday evenings are when I'll most likely be able to make it, and my schedule is usually hard to predict. Sundays I believe the gym closes by 6, so I was out there earlier than usual. I could also do a quick lunch time climb if I had a heads up the evening before.

Does this evening for you?
A former member
Post #: 10
Hey all, I'll be heading down there this evening around 6:30. If anyone is interested in climbing shoot me a PM.