You may be asking yourself why should I join Friends Around the Bay?
If you're looking to expand your social circle of friends with a group of fun and active people who enjoy participating in a large assortment of exciting events then this is the place to be.
To make things easier we came up with a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) section and also some pretty basic rules for all of our members to follow.
What do I need to join your group?
All you need is a positive attitude, a picture for your profile and be over the age of 21.
How will I find everyone at a meetup?
Each event will have an organizer in charge. They'll have their picture posted on the event signup page so you can look for them when you arrive. They will also post how to find the group and the time to meet. Some organizers will list their personal cell phone numbers as well.
Can I bring my kids to an event?
While everyone likes children, the majority of the events are not suitable for kids. We hold family events from time to time so they'll be able to attend those functions. So remember, if the event doesn't specifically state FAMILY EVENT, then the little ones should stay at home.
Can anyone see my profile and pictures?
Only members of Friends Around the Bay can see your profile and pictures since it's a private group.
Can I guest host a meeting?
Yes you can! We're always looking for new and fun places to explore and try so if you have a great idea for a new spot or activity just contact Lori or Mike and let them know you'd like to guest host that event and they’ll work with you to set it up. We have certain guidelines for hosting an event so please check out our message boards after you join.
What happens if someone is harassing me?
The first thing you should do is let the member know that their behavior is not welcome. If this happens at an event please let the organizer know right away. If it continues to happen, the member will be removed from our group. This is a fun and relaxed group and we will not tolerate that sort of behavior from our members!
Do you have a RSVP and No-Show policy?
Yes we do, which is covered further down this page in detail. If you respond that you're going to attend an event then please do so. We understand that life happens and things come up. If something comes up then please be courteous and change your RSVP to reflect your new status. This is very important on our events that have limited spots available
Now for the fine print and rules
Important information. Please read this page before applying for membership to this group. Upon acceptance as a member, you agree that you have read, understand and agree to abide by the following:
1. You must be over 21 to join our group. Your profile must include a self-photo and your first name if you're using a screen name other than your first name.
2. RSVP Policy: Our group has over 600 members, however some of our events may be restricted to the number of attendees due to the size of the venue. If you RSVP "yes" for an event and do not attend, this will be considered a "no-show." Members who "no-show" for events (or members who excessively change your RSVP from "yes" to "no" at the last minute) for events with limited capacity, may be removed from the membership in fairness to all of our members. Please note: when you no-show for an event or cancel at the last minute, you are wasting a spot that another member could have used. This RSVP policy is designed to allow maximum opportunities for members to attend events with limited capacity seating. We have a 3 strike rule, after 3 no-shows the organizer will remove you from the group unless other facts are presented to excuse a no-show.
3. Guest Policy - We encourage our members to bring guests to the events, however, for a size restricted event please check with the organizer first before adding a guest as it's only fair that we give our members first chance to sign up. This guest need to be over 21 years and agree to proper conduct for that event. If it's a posted family friendly event, then guests under 21 are allowed.
4. You MUST complete your profile to be approved as a member. The Organizers have the right and sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any applicants/members at any time.
5. Active Membership. We want active members in Friends Around the Bay. In keeping with this spirit, Members who do not participate in any events over a 3 month period will be considered inactive and subject to removal of the group. Within 2 months of joining the group, we expect that you will have attended at least one event. We understand that some people are shy but nobody likes a lurker so we have an "anti-lurking" policy - members who join but do not attend any events within the first couple months of membership will be removed from the group.
6. Communication Policy. Please respect your fellow members. Members who send commercial SPAM or harassing e-mails will be removed from the group and may be subject to removal by MeetUp. Members who join for the sole purpose of advertising a business will be removed without question.
7. Assumption of Risk. Members agree to attend any and all events at their own risk and will hold harmless the Organizers, guest hosts, Friends Around the Bay members and MeetUp from any and all liability. Members understand that neither MeetUp nor Friends Around the Bay screens its members and as such, each member should utilize the same caution in interacting with members as they would any stranger they have met on the internet. If a member has been harassed or receives commercial SPAM by another Friends Around the Bay member within the group, please contact the Organizer and MeetUp to report. Members are liable for payment for all food, drinks and other expenses they may incur at an event. Attending events constitutes your permission for the organizer/assistant organizers and guest hosts to take/post pictures and videos which may include your photographs.
8. No assumption of privacy. Please remember that any comments you make are available to the entire MeetUp community. Please do not post any personal or private information. Please keep your comments positive. If you have a complaint about the group, please e-mail the Organizer versus making a general post to all of the members.
9. Limited "cross-posting" group events. We try to limit "Multi-MeetUp Events" with other groups, since most members have joined this group and may not want to be a part of other groups. When possible, we will post if an event will have other MeetUp groups invited with our group.
10. Attitude. Please display a friendly and positive attitude in your responses to the Organizers, to fellow members, to event RSVPs and at events. We want a positive, fun group of people and don't want negativity. This group is dependent on positive, supportive members!
11. All images posted on our site become the property of Friends Around the Bay. If you would like a photograph of yourself removed, please contact the organizer and state which photograph and the reason why. The organizer has the right to use posted photographs to advertise the group.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Friends Around the Bay||November 8, 2012 11:20 AM||anonymous|