With so much going on in the city around the games, we thought it would be fun to head out and experience some of the sights and sounds of the city and here's our chance. We'll be taking a little trip from Science World to Granville Island and back in what is sure to be a day full of fun and adventure.
11AM - Meet Olympic Village Station on the CANADA LINE. To get here: For those of you coming in by Skytrain – go all the way to Waterfront, come up and make the transfer to the Canada Line and come out to the Olympic Village Station. Note that there are no shops near the station so bring your early morning sustenance with you!
We'll be gathering outside the station out of the way of the crowds (look for us north of the entrance). I'll be wearing a red and white Canada jacket and likely carrying a red camera and a bag of books!
12PM - Walk to the Olympic line station which is located a few minutes away. We're hoping to see Mr. Martin so please note we may be skipping one train (all dependent on crowds).
12PM - 1PM - Disembark at Granville Island (again, time is depended on crowds).
THINGS TO NOTE:
1. All times are approximate and being used solely for day planning.
2. Once at Granville Island we'll figure out what to do. I understand that there are a few Olympic venues on the island which are accessible for free so I expect we may be visiting some of these.
3. Bringing books for release is encouraged! Please ensure that your books are prepared for the weather (bagged) and clearly labeled on the outside! I'll be printing a stack of "I'M NOT LOST I'M FREE" stickers over the next few weeks and will have some available when we meet. Also note that books are not to be left on the Olympic Line and frankly, we should be very cautious of where we leave books. If possible, the best course of action is going to be to give books directly to people.
4. Be prepared for the weather! On the best of days Vancouver weather is iffy so please be prepared for the elements, particularly the rain.
5. Walking shoes! Though we are going to take time to sit and relax as well, please come prepared to walk and/or stand.