The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group Message Board › New Event: Book Club Discussion: The Time Traveller's Wife
Announcing a new event for The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group!
What: Book Club Discussion: The Time Traveller's Wife
When: Sunday, December 18, 1:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Event Description: Erin, a fellow bookcrosser, is hosting a discussion for The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
Please contact her for details or check out:
Learn more and RSVP here:
|A former member||
I finished reading the book yesterday. It's an interesting story. I liked it. I hope there will be a sequel. Check out these questions that we can use as a guide to keep our discussion flowing on Sunday. (We’re not in school—thank goodness—so don’t feel obligated to answer them.):
1. In The Time Traveler's Wife , the characters meet each other at various times during their lifetime. How does the author keep all the timelines in order and "on time"?
2. Although Henry does the time traveling, Clare is equally impacted. How does she cope with his journeys and does she ultimately accept them?
3. How does the writer introduce the reader to the concept of time travel as a realistic occurrence? Does she succeed?
4. Henry's life is disrupted on multiple levels by spontaneous time travel. How does his career as a librarian offset his tumultuous disappearances? Why does that job appeal to Henry?
5. Henry and Clare know each other for years before they fall in love as adults. How does Clare cope with the knowledge that at a young age she knows that Henry is the man she will eventually marry?
6. The Time Traveler's Wife is ultimately an enduring love story. What trials and tribulations do Henry and Clare face that are the same as or different from other "normal" relationships?
7. How does their desire for a child affect their relationship?
8. The book is told from both Henry and Clare's perspectives. What does this add to the story?
9. Do you think the ending of the novel is satisfactory?
10. Though history there have been dozens of mediums used for time travel in literature. Please cite examples and compare The Time Traveler's Wife to the ones with which you are familiar.