addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group Message Board › Canada Reads - True Stories

Canada Reads - True Stories

M. Diane R.
eicuthbertson
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 64
Good grief! It's time for Canada Reads again - but this year it's for non-fiction: http://www.cbc.ca/boo...­

"We want stories. Books that are page-turners with captivating narratives, memorable characters and vivid prose. Books so riveting you forget they are non-fiction. Books that introduce readers to a brand new world and bring them wholly into it. While we love the work that Canadian essayists, academics, chefs, decorators and self-help gurus do, those books aren't quite right. We want the final five to have stories that captivate the country.

They also have to be in English, in print and Canadian."

Just for a moment, I thought, maybe I am 'in' again this year. But I'm already irritated - is this going to mean 'creative non-fiction' is eligible and why only books in ENGLISH. (Yes, I know there is a Radio-Canada version but if we can cope with politic debates in French and English, surely..And, of course, there are at least a few interesting books published in Canada in other languages.)