align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group Message Board › Bookcrossing *Special* Christmas Get Together

Bookcrossing *Special* Christmas Get Together

Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Hi everyone,

I have looked around and have managed to find a great room for a Christmas gathering. The room is at Cameron Rec. Centre which is located in Burnaby behind Lougheed Mall (walking distance from Lougheed Skytrain). I booked the room for Monday, Dec. 11 but the date is a little flexible. I have posted a poll which will remain open until Friday. Please vote for your prefered date as I'll have to finalize the room booking next week.

Details including potluck list and time will be forthcoming once the room has been arranged!

Please vote using the link bellow!

http://bookcrossing.m...­

Marina
Geraldine
user 2633496
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 4
Is Monday, Dec 11 finalized yet? Trying to get the month calendar up to date.
Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 234
Yes. Dec. 11th has been finalized. I'm in the process of sending out the invite now!
Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 235
Alright folks, the room has been booked and paid for so this is a go ahead. The city has a great little map on their website with the location of the centre. Here's the link:

http://www.city.burna...­
A former member
Post #: 294
Good job throwing together a Christmas party!

Can you post the spreadsheet information here?
I can't seem to access it through the link.

Still trying to get out of that yoga class so I can come!
Don't know what I have to "re-gift", though.
How about a BOOK?!

Serena
A former member
Post #: 11
Anything that you would like to re-gift would be fabulous (items such as macramé owls, un-loved houseplants, un-neutered pets, un-requited lovers). All can be carefully wrapped and thrown on the Yuletide heap. 'Tis the season to re-gift--it's the environmentally favoured choice.
M. Diane R.
eicuthbertson
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 2
Looking forward to this...you know which re-gift I'm thinking of, Queenie (no, not a Book!)
Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 240
Currently, the spreadsheet has very little on it but here's what we've got:

Me - cake and coffee (coffee might be a little hard so we may have juice instead)
Andy - Shortbread!
Diane - Tarts of some kind
Sarah - something savory
Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 243
Had some trouble loading all of the pictures onto the meetup site. All pics have been uploaded to:

http://ca.pg.photos.y...­