The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group Message Board › Burnaby/NW Meeting Attendees - I NEED YOUR INPUT

Burnaby/NW Meeting Attendees - I NEED YOUR INPUT

Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Hi everyone,

The last three "Seconds!" meetings in NW have brought out a great number of people (fabulous!) and our little group is now a bit too big for Waves Coffee which is great for a group of 6 but not so great for a group of 14 which, by the way, is an awesome problem to have! But it's still a problem that I need to find a solution for.

Thanks to one of our members for the recommendation, I've contacted Heritage Grill just up the street from the Waves. I understand they have a back room that can be booked for meetings and I've sent them an introdcutory email with details about the group and asking if they would like to host us. I will keep you all posted on the response.

Thinking about it last night I had a second idea. Royal City Centre up the road on the cornder of 6th and 6th has a large food court area which is also very quiet in the evenings (along with tables and chairs on the second floor which is hardly used). In addition to the space, there's also a nice coffee shop and some other food options. The only problem is that the mall is only open until 5:30 on Tuesdays though they are open until 9PM on Thursdays. There's free undergound parking, 5 buses that stop on that corner keeping the location easily accessible by transit (and to boot - a bookstore in the mall!).

I've created a poll (vote here) to gage member feelings on the change of date (as it's a pretty drastic change) from Tuesdays to Thursdays and I'll also post this in the bulletin board so that members can respond and discuss.

NOTE: THE PROPOSED MOVE OF THE MEETINGS FROM TUESDAY TO THURSDAY IS ONLY FOR THE NEW WESTMINSTER MEETING. THE VANCOUVER MEETING WILL CONTINUE TO LAND ON THE SECOND TUESDAY OF THE MONTH.

I'd love to see our events continue to grow!

Talk soon,

Marina

Sabine
user 53938632
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 1
I love the Heritage Grill idea, I think the Royal City Centre may not be as convenient for anyone coming from outside of New West. Waves is so close to the Skytrain really hard to beat location wise.

Would be interesting to see what the Heritage Grill comes back with.