The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group Message Board › Word on the Street - September 26, 2004

Word on the Street - September 26, 2004

teacart
teacart
Vancouver, BC
Here's the link:

http://www.thewordont...­

It might make a good mass release site!
Helen M.
helenmartin4
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 4
This would be a good place and I will be there because I'm lettering bookmarks (they're FREE) for Westcoast Calligraphy. Boy, I sure hope I find out where we're meeting next Tuesday because I suddenly realized where we were in the calendar & that I hadn't seen the choose the venue notice. Wow!
Helenbiggrin
Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 14
I think this is a fabulous idea! We should discuss this at the next meeting! I'll put it on the discussion list so we don't forget! biggrin
teacart
teacart
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 17
The Word on the Street Festival takes place on Sunday, September 26, 2004 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the main branch of the Vancouver Library. At the last Vancouver BookCrossing Meetup, we decided it would be a great place for a mass release. The added bonus, of course, is the event itself, which showcases local book and magazine publishers.
Here's the notice:

Word on the Street” Mass Release

You are invited to join Bookcrossers from across the Lower Mainland to
participate in the second mass release of the year. Following the success
of the first mass release at Stanley Park in April, we thought it would be a great idea to try a second release and what better place than at “Word on the Street”?

So register those books, pack them up and come on down!

When: Sunday, Sep. 26, 2004

Meeting Location: Library Square near the new "Reading Whale". If it's
raining, we'll meet inside the library in front of the Bookmark Library
Store.

Time: Between 10:30am- 11:00am

If you can't meet up with us, don't worry- there'll be people releasing books there throughout the day.

See you there!

Here's a link to the discussion on the BookCrossing site:

http://www.bookcrossi...­