Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all having a great weekend. I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to those of you who don't already know me and let you all know the up and coming events!

I'm Marina (aka themarina). I've been a bookcrossing member for a few years now but a meetup regular for only a few months. I've enjoyed meeting a number of you who have managed to join us at one point or another over the last few months.

At this time, I'de also like to let you know that the plan for the near future is to try and set up a meetup group for members living in other areas. Please check out the poll and place your vote for where you'd like to see an additional meeting. Also, if you have suggestions for specific locations and days, please contact me with the information! I'd like to try and have a second meetup date outside of Vancouver for October!

Thanks for taking the time to read this quick note. If you've been around for a while and have come to a meeting, thanks! If you're still trying to make it to one, I hope to see you soon!

Bye for now!

themarina
A former member
Post #: 1
I went and voted in the poll ,but as my town was not listed I had to choose Other.
I live in Langley and would love to have a Meetup here. I do not drive and public transport is not a great way to travel at night. If a Meetup was held out here, I could take a taxi. If it was to be held during the day, I could walk to it.
vanbiohazard
vanbiohazard
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 3
I was kind of confused because I wasn't sent the venue vote. I see now that they don't do that anymore and also I didn't get an RSVP e-mail. I almost thought the whole thing had fallen apart! I still want to attend the Vancouver Meet-ups, I think it is nice and central for almost everyone. But I would also attend a North or West Vancouver Meet-Up as well. Hey, I might even get myself to a a Burnaby one, although transit is iffy there, unlike Vancouver where I find the bus service easy.
biggrin