- Looking for money, fame and prizes, look no further than the Co Innovation Challenge sponsored by the state of Colorado.http://www.coloradoinnovationnetwork.com/programs-initiatives/
- July and August are amazing months to participate in New Tech.
- July 1 and 2 we get the honor of helping the 11 companies from 8 countries that made it into the 2013 Unreadable Institute get ready for demo day.
- August is always hot as we highlight the 2013 Boulder Techstars class.
Please look at the Key Needs for each of the 11 Unreasonable Institute companies presenting on July 1 and 2 to see how you might be able to help. if you have not registered there are spots still open, RSVP at http://bdnt.org.
Presenting on July 1:
- Eneza improves student performance by providing students and schools in remote parts of Kenya with educational tools they can use on their mobile phones. Key Needs: They need help developing a PR strategy for their product and are interested in introductions to potential funders.
- Chaupal’s mission is to provide healthcare to low-income populations in rural North India. Key Needs: They need help with messaging, pitching, and marketing materials
- Nisolo connects Peruvian shoe-makers with the US market, selling their high-quality leather shoes (average price: $120 and accessories). Key Needs: They are looking for lawyers willing to do pro-bono work and connections in the e-commerce and footwear space.
- MANA Nutrition
- manufactures and sells Ready-to-Use-Therapeutic-Food (RUTF) Peanut Butter to UNICEF for distribution around the world. Key Needs: They are looking for connections in the food and/or fitness sectors. They're also looking for an introduction to rapper, 50 Cent.
- UpEnergy distributes high quality, clean energy products at affordable prices - increasing the availability of clean energy home appliances to underserved populations. Key Needs: They are looking for mentors who can help them in rural distribution and people who can help them think through their strategy to raise debt financing.
Presenting on July 2:
- Trash to Cash
- Trash to Cash trains adults with a variety of disabilities in India to collect trash and turn it into beautiful products that can be sold in India and elsewhere. Key Needs: They need help being connected to potential funders who are interested in funding a venture that employs people with disabilities.
- 17 Triggers
- 17 Triggers helps organizations market life-changing products to their customers. Key Needs: Introductions to foundations interested in funding innovative projects and guidance around online training programs.
- Agrilab Technologies
- Agrilab Technologies’s mission is to build sustainable systems by converting waste to resources. Key Needs: introductions to make field visits to composting sites here in Colorado to pitch Agrilab Technologies.
- Greenway Grameen Infra
- Greenway Grameen designs and distributes biomass-fueled clean cooking stoves to rural India. Key Needs: They are looking for mentors with strong experience in emerging market distribution and supply chain.
- The Good Life Organization
- The Good Life Organization (GLO) turns gang leaders, drug dealers, and other at-risk youth into leaders of community transformation. Key Needs: They need connections in the education space and to people who have scaled organizations working with at-risk youth.
- Sudiksha runs a network of 25 affordable, for-profit, pre-schools for the poorest children in the slums of Hyderabad and in rural areas of Andhra Pradesh. Key Needs: They need mentorship around organizational management and how to build out the HR for an organization that is rapidly scaling. He is also looking for connections here in Colorado in early-childhood education.
BDNT.og June updates
- 655 companies listed, Boulder has the most with 283
- 75 new job listed this month with 9 showing salaries over $125,000
- 9547 members
- SeedPaths presented by Jeff Macco
- What's Startups should have insurance presented by Whitney Smith
- Teresa Neeley and Chuck Hodges, Zebulon Solutions
- Charlie Jackson, CorKat Data
- Paul Mantey, GSC - Global Systems Circle
- Jerry Thurber, Innotrieve
- So Rewarding (http://www.sorewarding.com) - SoRewarding approaches the problem of creating a for-profit business that is also socially responsible.
- Rach.io (http://www.rach.io/) - Technology for Better Lawns and Landscapes
- Peek Gear (www.peekgear.com) - Peek Gear designs & builds cases for smartphones that allow partner-apps to function in exciting ways.
- Pixorial (http://www.pixorial.com/) - Sneak peak at Krowds for Google Glass. Pixorial Krowds lets anyone easily capture and share unlimited video into collections on the go.
- Google Glass Presentation by Mike - A talk about Google Glass by Mark Scheel including what it was like to get Google Glass, to snowboard with it, to program for it and much more.
Mode Set (http://www.modeset.co...)
More than just developers, we want to understand your business model, your risks, blockers, opportunities, and market advantages. We’re here to build you a viable, releasable product you can take to customers, investors, and stakeholders. Whether that product is a web application, mobile application or social application, or purely architecture, infrastructure or optimization, we can help. We bring with us extensive knowledge and years of experience working with clients ranging from early-stage startups to large global brands.
Technical Integrity (http://technicalinteg...)
We've created a better way to help employers and highly skilled technologists connect. It involves critical elements that so many people forget: a focus on a two-way cultural matching for both our clients and candidates, as well as engaging with and giving back to the community. This is part of our DNA, and as a result we've changed the way technical placements are done. We are highly selective and only work with the most interesting and well-respected startups and mid-size employers in Boulder, Denver, and around the nation. These are companies who treat their employees with respect, have fun, and understand that valued employees = happy employees . We also take pride in representing only the best Engineers and Executives. We emphasize quality, honesty, and integrity in everything we do. In 2011 we gave back almost $[masked] to charities and non-profits in Boulder and beyond. Over the past few years we've helped our community to bring together like-minded folks at Meetups, Ignite Boulder and BoulderBeta. We are proud to be sponsoring Boulder Denver New Tech Meetup. Drop us a line if we can be of assistance to you, oh, and we love snarky comments- so snark away!
The product of over 50 person years of engineering effort, AlchemyAPI is a cloud-based text mining platform providing the most comprehensive set of semantic analysis capabilities in the natural language processing field. Used over 3 billion times per month by 23,000+ developers, AlchemyAPI enables customers to perform large-scale social media monitoring, target advertisements more effectively, track influencers and sentiment within the media, automate content aggregation and recommendation, make more accurate stock trading decisions, enhance business and government intelligence systems, and create smarter applications and services.
Silicon Flatirons (http://www.silicon-flatirons.org)
CU-Boulder's Silicon Flatirons Center is a donor-supported entity which helps connect the fabric of the Front Range's software, Internet, and telecom entrepreneurship scene. SFC's objective is to help catalyze startups by connecting CU to the Mile High Tech emerging company community. In addition to the Meetup, SFC's Entrepreneurship Initiative includes the Entrepreneurial Law Clinic, the Entrepreneurs Unplugged series, Crash Courses on entrepreneurship, and our annual March entrepreneurship conference. SFC additionally works closely with partners across the CU campus to present the New Venture Challenge. SFC is delighted to serve as a Meetup sponsor since 2007.
See you around town