The Delaware Valley Beer Meetup Group Message Board › Suggest an event or meetup location

Suggest an event or meetup location

Pete J.
PLJohnston
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 791
Do you know of an upcoming craft beer event that we all may enjoy? Do you know of a great craft beer bar that would make for a great beer meetup happy hour gathering spot?

If so, suggest it here!
A former member
Post #: 121
Goes without saying, but any event where the beer is free! ;-)

How about tours and tastings at Yards and Philadelphia Brewing?

Or any of the other of the growing number of breweries in the area? Victory. Sly Fox. G. G. Brewers (Keswick). Lafayette. Etc.

Any gathering for whatever reason at McMenamin's makes me happy.

Are there any members who brew their own beer? How about a tasting for that?

Maybe a train ride to Harrisburg and a visit to Troeg's.

Also, Stoudt's has regular events throughout the year. It's a drive, but the beer and food are excellent. The Stoudts themselves are excellent people.

Anything that mixes beer and baseball. Or beer and barbecue.

So many great beer bars in Philadelphia. So little time.
David
BookemDave
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 15
there is a RYE BEER FESTIVAL at The Khyber tomorrow that I will be attending. I'm not sure if it is too late to alert the rest of our Group. The details are on their website under "beer", www.thekhyber.com. The details I know of are that all the taps will be various Rye Beers, some I think are being specially made for this event by micro-brewers. The event is FREE, no cover charge, which is rare at The Khyber. Besides the good beer, and knowing people at The Khyber, I am also friends with some of the musicians that will be performing on stage. I plan to get there about 9pm, and it goes all night!
Jeff
user 3802159
Wilmington, DE
Post #: 3
Friday the Firkinteenth @ The Grey Lodge Pub on November, Friday the 13th

November 2009 Firkinteenth Details
updated as of 19 September 2009
Click Here for video from this event

• Tapping begins at noon.
  • Our kitchen will open at 11am serving our full menu.
  • Number of firkins is still TBA. We expect 20+.
  • With 20+ firkins, we should have cask ale going until at least 9pm. Time permitting Scoats will be updating the news page and tweeting throughout the day with cask status.
  • 7 firkins will be pouring at any time (except when we get down to less than 7), tapping a new one as one kicks. The order of the casks will be random, but hey there should be no stinkers in the line-up.

Current Cask List (likely to change, it always does): more to come!

• Dock Street
  • Earth TBA
  • Flying Fish TBA
  • Iron Hill (West Chester)
  • Manayunk TBA
  • Nodding Head TBA
  • Philadelphia TBA
  • Sly Fox British Bitter
  • Stoudts TBA
  • Troegs TBA
  • Victory TBA
  • Weyerbacher TBA
  • Yards TBA

If we get too full, there will be a line outside, so please dress warmly and be patient. We will do our best to let as many people in as safely and quickly as we can.

Baltimore Beer Week - October 8 to 18, 2009

The Chesapeake Real Ale Festival

"The Region's Premier Real Ale Event"

Saturday, October 17, 2009
1-6pm
Pratt Street Ale House
206 W. Pratt St, Baltimore

Tickets are $35 in advance.
(tickets will sell out so please prepurchase!)

As one of the main events during Baltimore Beer Week, this year's festival will be the biggest ever with over 25 breweries and 35 to 40 casks.

Kennett Brewfest on Saturday, October 10, 2009 (2-6pm)

The 12th Annual Kennett Brewfest
Saturday, October 10, 2009, 2-6 PM
Connoisseur tasting, noon to 1:30 p.m.
in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

Sample beers from over 40 regional microbreweries. Click here to see this year's breweries.

Once again great music by
Carl Filipiak & the Jimi Jazz Band
and local favorites the Sin City Band.

This is a charitable event. ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT Historic Kennett Square a 501-C3 non-profit organization committed to making Kennett Square a social, cultural and economic center.

Bryan M.
user 5564488
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 2
Randy had some good suggestions. I like the Troegs Idea and Stoudt's.

I'm always down with McMenamin's (it is my neighborhood bar).

The homebrew tasting is a great idea as well. I am a brewer and certified BJCP Beer Judge. I am also a member of the Cliveden Brewers in Mount Airy.

There is an event at the Cliveden House on December 5th. The Cliveden Winter Beer Fest http://www.craftbeerf...­

They had some really great beers last year and the event is outside in heated tents. Our brewclub brews a beer for the event and will be available for tasting that day. Get your tickets or volunteer and get in for free.

Also, we could do a Saturday bar tour down the main line: Teresa's Next Door, Flying Pig, TJ's, and Victory.
Jeff
user 3802159
Wilmington, DE
Post #: 4
Rock Bottom of King of Prussia

For a general meetup, I would suggest Rock Bottom in King of Prussia. They brew their own beer and have a good selection of food, both of which are very affordable. A Thursday meetup would be ideal since they have $2.00 pints. Btw, they offer Growler Refills on Monday for $6 - that's a great deal considering you're paying around $6.75 for a six pack worth of brew. Also be sure to get your free mug club card. When I last went they would give you several oz more when you ordered a pint if you had the mug club card. There are other rewards so it's not worth passing up for free.

Jan
user 2854656
Media, PA
Post #: 6
Flannigan's Boat House in Conshohocken (http://www.flanboatho...­. Pretty wide selection
of beers -- both on tap and in bottles -- and a good happy hour deal: 5-7pm, $3.00 for most of their draft beers. The Boathouse actually has a couple of locations, but I think the Conshy location has the best variety of beer. It is the smallest venue (unfortunately), but that does make it cozy.

3 doors down from The Boat House is the Great American Pub ... not as many beer varieties, but a larger venue and still good happy hour specials. Also has multiple locations (www.greatamericanpub.com/Conshohocken/c­onsh_index.htm)
Jeff
user 3802159
Wilmington, DE
Post #: 5
This event sold out within hours after tickets were made available. Sadly, I wasn't able to get tickets to the event.

Note: This is a unique event which will sell out quickly once tickets go on sale. While this event isn't local it's not too far away to enjoy. I plan on attending with several friends if I can get tickets before they sell out.

(savor)
an american craft beer & food experience
june 5, 2010 | national Building museum | washington d.c.
www.savorcraftbeer.com­

2010 SAVOR Ticket Announcement
Tickets for SAVOR will go on sale in February 2010.
Breweries who wish to be a part of this event can enter the lottery for participation, which will open on December 10, 2009. Details will be available in the Brewers' Information section of this site and in the Events section of BrewersAssocation.org­.

American Craft Brewers
Harmonize Craft Beer With Food

A must attend for craft beer aficionados and foodies alike, the second annual SAVOR will offer a memorable craft beer and food experience to a limited number of attendees in the beautiful National Building Museum.

SAVOR the experience—enjoy a reception-style sampling of your choice of 35+ sweet and savory appetizers and 136 craft beers from 68 breweries. Converse with the luminaries of the craft beer industry—brewery owners, brewers and representatives will be on-hand—serving your beer.

There will be no tickets available at the door. All tickets must be purchased in advance.

Delight Your Senses
Plan to delight your senses with the diversity of flavors featuring some of America's finest craft beers and culinary combinations at this grand tasting experience. Enjoy a reception-style presentation of 35+ sweet and savory appetizers.

Meet the Brewers
Meet the luminaries of the craft beer world—68 breweries from across the country will be represented. Very few events offer the opportunity to have a one-on-one conversation with the "rock stars" of the craft beer world.

Educational Salons
Participate in directed tasting salons featuring an A-list of stars of the craft beer and food scene. Seating is limited and requires purchase of a separate ticket for admittance.
Jan
user 2854656
Media, PA
Post #: 10
Gullifty's in Rosemont (between Villanova and Bryn Mawr) has an amazing selection of beer, draft and bottles. http://www.gulliftys....­ They have a $5 happy our menu, 5-7pm Mon - Fri. Have no idea how crowded it gets, but Villanova University is nearby, so probably very crowded. I'd suggest happy hour on a Tues or Wed night.
Jeff
user 3802159
Wilmington, DE
Post #: 7
Future events in 2010 to lookout for...

Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival on Saturday, June 19th (2-6pm) @ National Narbor - Metro DC

Note: Since this isn't a local event an overnight stay is a must. Just be sure to check out RFD (Regional Food and Drink) where they have 300+ bottled beers and 30+ on tap.

Friday the Firkinteenth @ The Grey Lodge Pub on August, Friday the 13th, 2010

Note: There's only one Friday the 13th in 2010 so expect a good showing of people and beer!

Delaware Saengerbund Oktoberfest on September 17, 18, and 19, 2010 (Fri, Sat, Sun)

Note: This is one of the best Oktoberfests on the East Coast and a must do event.

Kennett Brewfest on Saturday, October 2, 2010 (2-6pm)

Note: This is one of the best Beerfests that I've been to. Also, tickets sell out fast so buy them in June.