Jun 27, 2013 · 5:30 PM
I had a really good beer last night, a beer I'd never tried. (Okanagan Springs Summer Weizen.) It got me thinking that I needed to go to the LCBO and try a whole bunch of new beer.
However, what I really want to do is buy a mixed 6-pack. That got me thinking - we have a lot of people in the beer group - surely, we can buy 6 different 6-packs, and then divide up the spoils - creating the most perfect 6-pack?
How it might work:
- 6 beer lovers show up at the LCBO.
- Each person picks a 6-pack of something they'd like to try. (Keeping the prices somewhat reasonable - this is not the time to try the super-rare, Belgian Trappist $100 for a 6-pack beer.)
- One person pays for all the beer at the counter.
- Each person owes the person who paid 1/6 of the bill.
- We divide up the 6-packs in the parking lot, and everyone goes home with a mixed 6-pack. Happiness!
Because you are rather essential to the math of the whole thing - please SHOW UP if you sign up!
I'll keep this one for 6 people - but if you want to go, add yourself to the waitlist, and if there are 6 people on the waitlist, I'll open up another event, and so on.
Oh - there are a couple of places to stick around and have a beer after. I won't be doing this - there's been lots of drinking going on, and I need to get some other things done, but if you'd like to drink a pint after, I'm sure someone can be persuaded to join you - the Monk's Table isn't far, and neither is the Rebel House.