Cleveland Beer Lovers Meetup Group Message Board › Brandon Blackwood Update

Brandon Blackwood Update

Linda B
user 12305161
Euclid, OH
Hello,

Many of you wanted to be updated on Brandon. He had his new Mediport put in and had absolutely no complications this time. For those of you who don't know, the Mediport is a device that is inserted underneath the skin and used to draw blood so he does not need to poked with a needle or need a PICC line.

He has started talking quite a bit and even running a little. He can say important things like "Target" and "Arby's".

We want to get his blood counts high enough so that he can go back to school. Euclid built three new elementary schools including the one he will go to. We went to visit there and it is remarkable.

Since Brandon's father has been interviewing for jobs, I believe he is close to finding something, making me more anxious to get him well enough to attend school and daycare as supports from the county and health insurance have failed us as far as getting a caregiver to stay with him.

It is getting a little better each day and I want to thank everyone again for all of your support.

Linda Blackwood