addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Berkeley Board Gamers Message Board Berkeley Board Gamers Discussion Forum › Lost Valley contest on BGG

Lost Valley contest on BGG

David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 186
Check out the Lost Valley contest!

I used to own it (currently OOP, but getting reprinted), and it was well-received in this group. It's a 1-2 hour game that has a lot of cool adventure and exploration elements, except no killing (just snatching people's gold before they do). Great stepping stone from Eurogame to Thematic, since it's basically the adventure without the magic, combat and dying. Nothing beats hanging around your opponent, waiting for him to build a mine, then going in and using his mine to take the gold before he can!

I eventually traded it away since, well, I wanted to start killing my fellow explorers instead of just being mean to them. Also, it plays well only with 4 players.

Here are the responses. I actually got 2 wrong since the responses weren't clear, but I think I know which 2.

1. you can't buy a machete
2 (or maybe it's 3). can't remember the right one, but you can get food by hunting, fishing and buying at general store, so it's the 4th response
3. you can't buy gold futures at the general store
4. Tom Vasel says this is the best exploration game ever
5. the expansion is called 'Yukon Gold'.
Kweku
user 13709458
Oakland, CA
Post #: 31
4/5 using your answers
David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 187
Ehhhhh what the heck?

Contest is confusing, and taking a lot of liberty with the rules. There were 2 correct answers for #2 and #3. Thought I'd picked the wrong ones there, but... shrug.
Kweku
user 13709458
Oakland, CA
Post #: 32
sounds pretty fun based on your description BTW, if someone wins sign me up to try this
Stephen
user 16451961
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 15
Pandasaurus still needs to give me Tammany Hall.