add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Berkeley Board Gamers Message Board Berkeley Board Gamers Discussion Forum › First annual Berkeley Board Gamers Election

First annual Berkeley Board Gamers Election

user 8517297
Group Organizer
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 92
For those of you that don't know or haven't noticed, Max and I have combined Meet-up groups. Because of this wonderful coming together, the Berkeley Board Gamers has some excess cash to burn. What to do with this cash? I thought it would be fun to honor some of our members.

Starting today and ending on the 24th of this month, I will be accepting nominations for the BEST GAME TEACHER OF THE YEAR award. All you have to do is write me an email with the name and a moving story of a game you feel was particularly well taught by the individual and they will be on a short list. Then the nomination committee will pick the 3 maybe 4 best stories and we will have a little mini election. Whoever gets the most votes will win the award and the GRAND prize. The GRAND prize will very likely be one new game of their choice.

More than the prize though, I would just like to recognize individuals that are unsung heroes of our group. They make a very real contribution that benefits us and they deserve some props!

Again the last day to submit nominations will be the 11/24/12. I'll announce the nominees on the 25th and then will have elections. If you need to know how to email me, just look over to the left of this screen. Click on my name under organizers and use the Meet-up function to send me an email.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask them here or email me personally.
user 8517297
Group Organizer
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 93
The four nominees are, in no particular order:

Charles Shyu
Diana Snodgrass
Chris Flood
Paul Chen
Chris F.
Oakland, CA
Post #: 1
Well, I'm honored! Aram must have nominated me that time I taught Torres...NOT.
San Leandro, CA
Post #: 11
Boy, am I surprised to make this list! Whoever nominated me, thank you!