Berkeley Board Gamers Message Board › Android(or other epic game) on Mak day POSTPONED

Android(or other epic game) on Mak day POSTPONED

Mak
user 10133970
Oakland, CA
Post #: 42
I would not be opposed to a day of goofy games, like cash n guns, bang, taboo, hamsterolle, munchkins, eat poop you cat, abandon ship,)
Or a cute miniatures theme(dungeon lords, takenoko, etc)
Mak
user 10133970
Oakland, CA
Post #: 43
As I remember it, Android is known for just known for being long and had a big rule book (although it doesn't mean there is a lit of rules or the rules are complicated). I like rpg adventures so arkham and descent and talisman etc appeal to me, but then again, I give anything a shot or two.

TI is definitely open for featured game of the event. Also seeing TI Rex tonight is open. Game of Thrones...also good to give it another go.

Here is a list of some of my usual likes that could be used for ideas for a marathon of fun:
Italian games(Masters of Venice, Traders of Genoa, Princes of Florence, Firenze etc)
Trains (Ticket to Ride, Steam, Age of Steam, Railroad Tycoon etc)
RFTG ( Race, Citadels, San Juan, Emminent Domain, Glory to Rome)
Deck Builders(Dominion, Thunderstone, Runewars, Netrunner{still need to learn}, Resident evil etc)
One vs the Many( Pandemic, Betrayal, Fury of Dracula, Descent, Mansions of Madness, Catacombs,)
spiel de jahres like we did a few years back

Also, i got an idea for a team tournament thing. Teams will be randomized according to a player of every skill level and experience in years of playing. The day will have randomly chosen games of various skill. Each team will choose their rep to play each game. This way, teams are not stacked and each team had equal chance to win points putter outcome per each game tier
Kweku
user 13709458
Oakland, CA
Post #: 44
sounds like a lot of fun Mak, I'm showing my hand. Count me in for either a "tournament" of sorts (that'd rock!) or just an epic "event" game. Guess it'll depend on how many people can make it to Mak Day?
Mak
user 10133970
Oakland, CA
Post #: 44
I will personally let ppl know about this to gather amount of interest, but I will need help for this coming week jan 21-25 because I just got approved orders for the navy and i may not show up to game night, even though i will be in Concord. Just need a little help spreading the word about the dates and to refer ppl to this forum for details
David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 212
Oh good, I didn't turn you off A Game of Thrones! I didn't explain it well that time, and I accidentally stuck you onto the most difficult house.
David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 214
Tried it. Android is AWESOMESAUCE. Best with 3 though due to downtime. 4 = AGoT: A Storm of Swords, 5 = TI3/BSG, 6 = AGoT, 7+ = TI3 (downtime issue again)?
David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 219
Still happening? Any details?
Stephen
user 16451961
Orange, CA
Post #: 21
Heh, good question.
Mak
user 10133970
Oakland, CA
Post #: 47
for some reason, i didnt get notifications on my phone when i set it to. Anyways, because of workload, I'm gonna postpose this. Possibly weekend after. As of right now, I'm leaning towards the Italian themed day of Masters of Venice, Princes of Florence, Firenze, Glory to Rome, etc. It's still open to other options....
Just need to clear up some work stuff. So many annoying job interviewers, so many failed promises, so much emt reading to do, so many people to catch up on. I will still be there this THU.